Retiring to the Dominican Republic

Susan David

Apr 1, 2008
I am interested in the possibility of retiring to the DR and wanted to know a few things. I am particularly interested in Sosua. Are there any English speaking communities already existing? Also, is it possible for a citizen of the USA to buy health insurance in the DR and if so does anyone have an idea of the cost. Any information would be greatly appreicated.

Susan David

J

John Evans

sosua

yes there are many english speaking people in this area

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
there is many international inssurance provider.it will cost you about$5000 usa a year (family of 3)with air ambulance to the USA. there is about 40000 permanent residents in Sosua(nice little comunity).
Sosua is a great place to spent the rest of your life unless you mind the heat and some humidity and aqua blue ocean?

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
The search function

Susan, use the search function. There is a stack of current information available on the board on health insurance. Yes, you may buy health insurance in the Dominican Republic. A few searches and lots of reading should help in terms of the details. Here is a start for you ..
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/69951-health-insurance.html

I agree, read the board and u probably find out that some people speak english in Sosua... even the whores and sankies.

However, the search function is far from good... useless almost

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I agree, read the board and u probably find out that some people speak english in Sosua... even the whores and sankies.

It is surprising how rude some people can be with just a couple of sentences but, congratulations, you achieved it 100%.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com

Uhm ... I cannot say what I want to say. DR Mpe, are you sure you know how to spell and how to search? The DR1 search function does not compensate for being ... uhm ... for having problems in the literacy department.

I and many others don't find it useless almost. In fact, we find most of what we look for. :ermm:

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Uhm ... I cannot say what I want to say. DR Mpe, are you sure you know how to spell and how to search? The DR1 search function does not compensate for being ... uhm ... for having problems in the literacy department.

I and many others don't find it useless almost. In fact, we find most of what we look for. :ermm:

The search function, please explain how to use it. If you search for 2 words, for instance "apartment Sosua" u get a million hits. If you wants to search for a string, i.e. "apartment in Sosua" u get 2 millions... It seems like it shows every thread with a post that has ONE of the words in it...

Please explain to me how the search functions works. For instance the OP:s question: "English speaking people Sosua" 7 million hits. Please explain...

Having problem in the literacy department? U mean not being an mono- almost bilingual George Bush-fan?

Last edited:

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
The search function, please explain how to use it. If you search for 2 words, for instance "apartment Sosua" u get a million hits. If you wants to search for a string, i.e. "apartment in Sosua" u get 2 millions... It seems like it shows every thread with a post that has ONE of the words in it...

Please explain to me how the search functions works. For instance the OP:s question: "English speaking people Sosua" 7 million hits. Please explain...

Having problem in the literacy department? U mean not being an mono- almost bilingual George Bush-fan?

Sorry for the "an" should have been a.... maybe if I had added "ignorant"... "an ignorant"... right?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
George Bush-fan?

Whaaaaaat! You can do your own darn searching then ... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

More seriously .. I've done your search "apartment Sosua". I restricted the search to treads a year old and newer and asked to search only Real Estate. I hope you can access the search here ... It gave me everything to do with condos (I know that condos are a more frequently used word ..)
http://www.dr1.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3089942

I would do this search again and ask it to search North Coast to get all the threads. Hopefully that is a start for you.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Whaaaaaat! You can do your own darn searching then ... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

More seriously .. I've done your search "apartment Sosua". I restricted the search to treads a year old and newer and asked to search only Real Estate. I hope you can access the search here ... It gave me everything to do with condos (I know that condos are a more frequently used word ..)
http://www.dr1.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3089942

I would do this search again and ask it to search North Coast to get all the threads. Hopefully that is a start for you.

Your tips helped, thank you! Still it is not perfect, but then what is...I guess I was in a bad, grumpy mood yesterday... ;)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
there is about 40000 permanent residents in Sosua(nice little comunity).

really ?? :ermm: