How big is a tarea? *DC*

T

tgf

Re: How big is a tarea?

I am not one hundred percent sure of these figures (calculated it from a real estate advertisement for the DR) but they should give you a general idea.

15.95 tareas = hectare
7.25 tareas = acre

And, I think, 629 sq. meters = tarea.

Hope this helps.

J

Jim Hinsch

A tarea is the traditional unit of land area in the Dominican Republic and some parts of Central America, generally equal to 900 square varas, so it is the area of a square 30 varas (about 25.05 meters) on a side. In the Dominican Republic, the tarea equals about 628 square meters or 751 square yards; this is 0.0628 hectare or 0.155 acre. The Spanish word tarea means a task or job, so this unit, like many land area units, originated as the area which could be "worked" in a given time.

Ref: <A HREF="http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/dictT.html">http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/dictT.html</A>

Jim Hinsch
JimHinsch@CSI.COM

F

Fabio J. Guzman

1 tarea = 628.8635 square meters.

R

Roberto

Re: How big is a tarea?-To Ms.Sarah

Hola Sarah

by the way it seem like that
628 meter
are from $ 2,500 to 8000 Pesos Maximum
in place like Barahona/and others none well Touristic develope
please informe you self well before closing any deals

Regards

Roberto

C

ChicacagoChris

About 1/6 acre here in the U.S. Most of our homes here where I'm at in the Chicago area are somewhat larger, about 1/4 acre. If I remember correctly, an acre consists of about 44,000 square feet.

S

Sarah

Well I paid about 12,500RD per tarea. A little more than the high end you mention. However, I am very pleased with the location both visually (coconut palms, river, next door to my friends, etc) and business wise (it's a corner lot just off the highway, 1 mile to the east of Airport Maria Montez, about 3 miles east of Barahona). I don't feel like I've been ripped off by any means. I have plenty of space to build my house and a small business. A dream come true - for real! :) :) :)

R

Roberto

in this place Sarah
no you did not being riped off:) you got you self A good deal
fore sure
you could not gett A better deal in A place like this
better prices could be only by Los Patos/Oviedo/Enriquillo/Paraiso fore the prices that I told you

but there directly in Barahona it is good

Have A nice Day dont work to much :)

Regards
Roberto

S

Sarah

Thanks for the confirmation that I did the right thing! Like you say, I think I got a pretty good deal!