FOREIGN INVESTORS Vs. PUERTO PLATA JUDICIAL SYSTEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGT

Jan 30, 2008
This is an effort to reconcile as many cases as possible that can be brought to the attention of the Supreme Court of Justice regarding the experiences of foreign investors with local attorneys, judicial employees, district attorneys, judges and with the Judicial System as a whole in the Province of Puerto Plata. If anybody suscribed to DR1 has had or knows of others that have had this kind of experiences please direct them to this thread, if they're not subscribers of this forum or choose to deal with their affairs privately can also write to me at betterjustice.4pop@gmail.com

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
It could also be very dangerous - like being killed type dangerous. I suggest that anyone interested in this issue do their due diligence very thoroughly. Check out seriously who else is involved.

JGT

Jan 30, 2008
Now that will be interesting. I know Conchman posted an interesting example on this thread, post 4
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/72951-austrian-killed-playa-laguna.html

Is this effort to reconcile like a class action lawsuit? And will your firm be representing the victims?
Yes and No, the purpose of this thread is to give the opportunity to those that do not have the means to bring their experiences of injustices in Puerto Plata to a higher level. My sole purpose is to recollect as many injustice cases as possible to bring them to the Supreme Court of Justice, the General Attorney, the Dominican Board of Attorneys and all necessary institutions in order to not only make them aware but also to motivate them and prove to them that Puerto Plata needs a better justice system. My firm won't be involved at all, this is a personal crusade as I have been personally affected, any services that I provide will be on a pro bono basis for an improved Judicial System in Puerto Plata.

JGT

Jan 30, 2008
It could also be very dangerous - like being killed type dangerous. I suggest that anyone interested in this issue do their due diligence very thoroughly. Check out seriously who else is involved.

I can see your concern, but any information shared with me shall be treated confidentially and with the highest level of discretion. I also provided a separate channel of communication for those who prefer to remain completely anonymous to this forum.

Jesus Christ died for the TRUTH.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
My firm won't be involved at all, this is a personal crusade as I have been personally affected, any services that I provide will be on a pro bono basis for an improved Judicial System in Puerto Plata.

Ah yes, thanks for reminding us. You told us about it here, post 7
http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/71350-atty-jesus-garcia-tallaj.html

Absolutely! Very wise advice.

Jesus Christ died for the TRUTH.

Indeed but we don't want any uninformed residents following the same route. Some would say Fiscal Ceballos died because he upset the wrong people too!

http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/56895-interpol-takes-no-shyte.html

Last edited:

La Gego

Jan 31, 2008
Yes and No, the purpose of this thread is to give the opportunity to those that do not have the means to bring their experiences of injustices in Puerto Plata to a higher level. My sole purpose is to recollect as many injustice cases as possible to bring them to the Supreme Court of Justice, the General Attorney, the Dominican Board of Attorneys and all necessary institutions in order to not only make them aware but also to motivate them and prove to them that Puerto Plata needs a better justice system. My firm won't be involved at all, this is a personal crusade as I have been personally affected, any services that I provide will be on a pro bono basis for an improved Judicial System in Puerto Plata.

It seems like a lofty crusade especially when my experience in this country has been that there is only one rule here which is that there are no rules.

La Gego

Jan 31, 2008

Although I agree a little with that sentiment serious change requires serious sacrifice, don't you think?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
So far I am not affected, so maybe I shouldn't opine here but as this is a public forum and the subject at hand one that seems to interest or captivate many if not most of us anyway:

JGT could certainly be commended for his intended endeavor to make the local justice system more equitable (to put it nicely). Yet, I think it is a bit naive of his part to expect people to post their stories on a open and public board or even PM them to him, as long his confirmed identity is not clearly posted or at least made available to potential participants.
And even then, had I something to rant about the local courts and it's officers, I would first research JGT's back ground and history in depth before deciding to entrust him or anyone with my experiences and share names with him. As it has been posted here before, this is indeed a very serious (and my I add, regrettable) issue and could get some people way up there not just a little "uncomfy" but rather seriously furious (and that again, to put it nicely) and their wrath may leash out indiscriminately at most anyone in a country where even fiscales can be shot in broad day light, should this really one day threaten to reach as far up as the supreme court.

Anyway, even if above may sound to the contrary, I am very much in favor of civil courage. And a lot of it will be needed to weed out some very solidly installed corruption in this country.

Besides, I don't know if the Dominican justice system can handle class action suits(?), but maybe that's not the planned procedure.

... J-D.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
And even then, had I something to rant about the local courts and it's officers, I would first research JGT's back ground and history in depth before deciding to entrust him or anyone with my experiences and share names with him. ... J-D.

Indeed. I think that certainly there are some foreign residents who would wonder if they were putting their own information 'out there' in public in order to assist JGT with his personal case. And when I say 'in public' this is no disrespect to the Licenciado. It is my firm belief that when you tell one single other person something it is potentially 'out there'.

But for those wanting to research JGT's own experience there is a full page paid space (I imagine) outlining details on Page 5 of Friday's print version of El Faro.

Would I be correct in assuming that some of this material will be appearing on your website, JGT?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Y'all know what .. I smell a big fat rat! :smoke: Glad that I have no involvement :knockedou and will only repeat my previous caution. It is simple ... This stuff gets people killed. So, if you want to join in, check out who you are joining with, be informed, be aware and take very serious steps to ensure your own safety.

JGT

Jan 30, 2008
Why is so, you guys are not so responsible to stand on your words? You are all cowards!!!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Why is so, you guys are not so responsible to stand on your words? You are all cowards!!!
Come, COME JGT ................ Them's FIGHTING words!!! Just WHICH of the preceeding posters are you alluding to when you call them 'Cowards'?? Lambada is the only one who posted on this recently & she is CERTAINLY no Coward. Everyone else that posted did so back in April .........:surprised........ FOUR MONTHS AGO!!

Being a 'Personal Crusade' & being done 'Pro Bono' obviously has its drawbacks regarding keeping on top of things!! :cheeky: ~ Grahame

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
so when he's going to jail?? Mike

Why should he go to jail? A DR1 class action lawsuit because he said

No, I think that would be a bit OTT. :cheeky:

Mind you, for a practising lawyer and in my humble opinion & mine alone it probably wasn't the most endearing or sagacious thing to say BUT it does have a certain.........er........ revealing quality to it, does it not? ;)

JGT

Jan 30, 2008
Definitively, the purpose of this thread have gone out of concept. For all of you to know, I was asked by superior authorities in our Judicial System to recollect as many complaints as possible from foreign investors and immigrants with respect to their experiences at the Judicial District of Puerto Plata. I have been defending foreign investors since I became a lawyer in 1991, I have encounter many enemies here by defending you people, some of which are now fighting me in Court. I have raised a major denounce to the Supreme Court of Justice. For all to know, that criminal action they filled against me was to blackmail me and get me to illegally release funds that were been held in escrow, the sentence came for a very simple reason, the Judge is the mother in law of the opponent lawyer brother in law, I only learned that fact afterward. I'm innocent as I'm sure the Appeals Court of Santiago will confirm, the Supreme Court of Justice accepted my motion not to have the Appeals Court of Puerto Plata ruling on my appeal. I've just been a victim of extortion and blackmailing for respecting the law. At the end, God's justice prevail!!!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Getting this thread back on the subject - I don't think anyone who has been around a while would have any doubts that 'justice' in Puerto Plata (& some other places) is, shall we say, a negotiable commodity. I am interested to learn that
For all of you to know, I was asked by superior authorities in our Judicial System to recollect as many complaints as possible from foreign investors and immigrants with respect to their experiences at the Judicial District of Puerto Plata.

because earlier in the thread it looked as if this was a personal mission, not one entrusted to you by superior authorities in the judicial system

My sole purpose is to recollect as many injustice cases as possible to bring them to the Supreme Court of Justice, the General Attorney, the Dominican Board of Attorneys and all necessary institutions in order to not only make them aware but also to motivate them and prove to them that Puerto Plata needs a better justice system. My firm won't be involved at all, this is a personal crusade as I have been personally affected, any services that I provide will be on a pro bono basis for an improved Judicial System in Puerto Plata.
(emboldening mine in both instances)

Why would they need to be made aware if they had already asked you to collect complaints?

If superior authorities were requesting the collection of these complaints, why would they not entrust this to a lawyer whose name was utterly beyond reproach in that they had never had a case against them? I'm thinking of someone of the stature of Argentina Brugal, for example, but there are others. In other words , why give this important task to someone who is the subject of litigation by one of those self-same foreigners?

I certainly do not find it surprising that 'family connections' play an important part in 'justice' but why was the family relationship not known in advance?
I only learned that fact afterward.

Foreign investors knowing little about who is related to whom in Puerto Plata rely on their lawyers to have this sort of information readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.