restaurant parillada puerto plata

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
hello folks,
does anybody know if the restaurant parillada in pop is still open? they had the best churasco you can imagine ( well compared to pop standard ;-))

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you are talking about the restaurant on the circle by the stadium, it has been closed for some time now. They did have good churasco.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I assume you are talking about PP. Cariatides on the main road a short distance past Playa Dorada on your left approaching PP is a nice place with good food.

If you go there sit in the private looking dining room on your left coming into the restaurant, not in the middle. This is AC and very nice. If you like fish, get the Sea Bass. Pretty much everything is nice there.

Cariatides Plaza el Doral
809-320-1410

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
It's not closed....

Just an update on Parillada. Don't know why it was reported as closed, but while driving by there today, I could see that it was definately open and the grill was smokin' up a storm. So for anyone thinking of going, enjoy it. IMO, the food is really good. :bunny:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Yep, it re-opened about 2 months ago... just shortly after they took the sign down after it had been closed for quite a while.
Besides personnel, I haven't yet spotted too much of a crowd.
An unlucky location, in my opinion.
... J-D.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Where exactly is this located? Is it on the circle just before the gas station (heading east after leaving the city)...same circle you turn off to go to Long Beach and the start of the Malecon?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Where exactly is this located? Is it on the circle just before the gas station (heading east after leaving the city)...same circle you turn off to go to Long Beach and the start of the Malecon?

Yes, you will find it after the Pizza Place on your right heading east.

While we are talking restaurants in that area, there is a very good Dominican one on your left a short ways past the circle heading east. El Manguito. Good food and reasonable prices.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007

Yes DavizZ, that's exactly where it's located; right on the corner with parking in the back.

Since I live very close to this area, I drive past it almost daily. And because it's one of my favorite restaurants, I'm always taking notice as to whether or not it's open. In the past, I noticed that for some reason, the sign would be up sometimes, and at other times down. (Go figure....) After tropical storm Olga, I saw the sign out but on the ground. Since that time, I've not seen the sign at all, yet I see customers there. Bottom line, call ahead to see if they're open as I believe they may have certain days that they are closed and they may open only after a certain time in the evening. Hopefully the food and service are still good. Maybe it's time for me to check it out as it's been a while.

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
La Parillada

My wife and I were there on a Sunday night about 3 or 4 weeks ago. The service and the churasco are still very good. Only down side was no Presidente Light.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Hey thanks for that update. That's great to know it's still good. Too bad about the Presidente Light, but as long as they still do the frozen limonada, I'm good.