naturist beaches

B

bertie

are there any naturist beaches. if yes where are they located?

R

Roberto

Hola MS/MR. Bertie

In the Dominican Republic
we do not have any official Naturist Beaches, in fact it is not even legally allow

but I had saw A few Tourist doing it in places that are not surrounded by others people

until now I had not hear any incident concerning this issue, but be aware that if A lady get here self naked
in A public place/Pool/Beach,ETC
That would mean A direct invitation sexually talking,

I have no prove but it seems like that the Club Med in Punta Cana are A Naturist Club and also the Club Dominicus in Baya Hibe/La Romana, you could do it safely since that 1 of them are inside of A national park

please Remember all the beaches are Public in this country, and it is not true that any of the Resorts beaches are private

I believe you should ask Robert/Dolores Dr1 webmaster I think I saw A page that talk about this issue in there

Have A nice Holiday
and please Remember that this is A catholic country
and the Religions are still strong

Regards
Roberto

J

Jack

On the North Coast, Eden Bay Resort was clothing optional. The permit was issued by the Dominican Government and has been paid for every year by a group of people of which I am a part of. It is a legal permit issued by the Department of Tourism of the Dominican Republic. Unfortunatley, the Resort has been closed for the past two years, but we are very hopeful to have it open and operating by the end of the year.

M

Manny Baez

Roberto,
With all my due respect, I think that you don't know Dominican Republic very well or You're just trying to impose your medieval mentality upon the turists and\or other dominicans. My friend, be real....Dominican Republic is a very open minded nation. Dominicans are fun, respectfull people. Catholicism is just a name that the Spaniards imposed upon our nation. Catholicism is just another political\economical instution. Again, Roberto with all my due respect....be real.
Manny

J

Jim Hinsch

Niether Club Med in Punta Cana or Club Dominicus near La Romana are "naturist" resorts and no, you could not do it safely in either of them.

"it is not true that any of the Resorts beaches are private"

That may be the general law, but in practice, many of the resorts' beaches are indeed private. Try walking onto the beach at the Hamaca Hotel in Boca Chica without the all-inclusive bracelet and see what happens. I don't know if they just violate the law, or if they were somehow exempted, but armed guards most definitely enforce the privacy.

Jim Hinsch
JimHinsch@CSI.COM

T

tgf

Re: Public access

Jim,
They are in violation of the laws of the land. Remember the case of several Dominican Supreme Court judges going to one of the "closed" beaches recently to make a protest. It is one of the "bones of contention" between inhabitants and the resort owners. While it is illegal, I realize in practice it does happen. I believe the law states that the government owns something like the first 60 meters from low mean water mark up. The resorts can prevent individuals from crossing their property but they legally cannot prevent individuals from entering the beach via water or walking along the lower beach. I know they still do it, but it is not legal.

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Public access

That's the way I also understand it.

As far as Roberto telling people there are no private beaches, the reality is that there are indeed private beaches (not open to the public), even if they are illegally privatised.

R

Roberto

wrote by manny

Roberto,
With all my due respect, I think that you don't know Dominican Republic very well or You're just trying to impose your medieval mentality upon the turists and\or other dominicans. My friend, be real....Dominican Republic is a very open minded nation. Dominicans are fun, respectfull people. Catholicism is just a name that the Spaniards imposed upon our nation. Catholicism is just another political\economical instution. Again, Roberto with all my due respect....be real.
Manny

Jack wrote

On the North Coast, Eden Bay Resort was clothing optional. The permit was issued by the Dominican Government and has been paid for every year by a group of people of which I am a part of. It is a legal permit issued by the Department of Tourism of the Dominican Republic. Unfortunatley, the Resort has been closed for the past two years, but we are very hopeful to have it open and operating by the end of the year.

ask him MR.Jack how come you hotel are clos?

I answer
will all the Respect to you too

Mr.Manny/Jim Wisch
do you just like to follow my post and contradict them fore fun ore do you have any real knowledge of this country? beside the own that you get seating behide you PC?

I do know this country
not because that I am every days every where in different situations
working ore on private
but also because I have friends every where and I know more then what many news paper/authorities would not find out fore some specifical reasons,

I had never Remember had said that Dominicans Are not Respecfull
if you read my post againg
I am not trying to alarm the people ore either telling any thing against the Dominican people
and if you read my other ad you know me to them well Sir
to know that I would Attack my own post if I would do

I am telling people that this is not part of ours mentality
and by doing it
every body would not see it as A nice thing
there fore would be interpretate
as A Sexual Provocation
as A miss Respect fore ours culture
that it is Tolerate
that the police men would make A picture of here if she are nice ore me would admirer here guts of showing here beautiful body in public
does not mean that every body would see the person in the same way that I do ore the over 99% would see that lady
but what about the 1%

about the hotel Dominicus/Club men
I did not wanted to say safe
what I mean yes was safer compair with others places
I had saw many times the Italian doing it and don't have any incident prove
about the club med remember I said I think

Regards
Roberto

R

Roberto

wrote by manny

Roberto,
Manny

Jack wrote

ask him MR.Jack how come you hotel are clos?

I answer
will all the Respect to you too

Mr.Manny/Jim Wisch
do you just like to follow my post and contradict them fore fun ore do you have any real knowledge of this country? beside the own that you get seating behide you PC?

I do know this country
not because that I am every days every where in different situations
working ore on private
but also because I have friends every where and I know more then what many news paper/authorities would not find out fore some specifical reasons,

I had never Remember had said that Dominicans Are not Respecfull
if you read my post againg
I am not trying to alarm the people ore either telling any thing against the Dominican people
and if you read my other ad you know me to them well Sir
to know that I would Attack my own post if I would do

I am telling people that this is not part of ours mentality
and by doing it
every body would not see it as A nice thing
there fore would be interpretate
as A Sexual Provocation
as A miss Respect fore ours culture
that it is Tolerate
that the police men would make A picture of here if she are nice ore me would admirer here guts of showing here beautiful body in public
does not mean that every body would see the person in the same way that I do ore the over 99% would see that lady
but what about the 1%

about the hotel Dominicus/Club men
I did not wanted to say safe
what I mean yes was safer compair with others places
I had saw many times the Italian doing it and don't have any incident prove
about the club med remember I said I think

by the way manny you know what you know you dont know what the others know :)

and I say peace:)

Regards
Roberto