I need some "Angimed"!

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Can anybody help me get an over the counter medicine called ?Angimed?? I usually get plenty when we visit, but I now find myself out of it when I need it for a sore throat. If you can pick up 4 packets for me, (16 lozenges) I will pay you (PayPal, check , money order, or whtever you would like), and when you receive the money, you can mail the medicine to me in the U.S. This is a non-prescription throat medicine available over the counter at any farmacia in the DR. It is great stuff, but I cannot get it in the USA and I like to keep some on hand. Any travellers or residents willing to help me out? Please PM me or respond in the forum and I will PM you to see if we can arrange it. Thanks.

Bob

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
This?
Secretar?a de Estado de Salud P?blica y Asistencia Social

Anaesthetic ingredient (be it ever so small) is lidocaine.
Medinova Pharmazeutische Spezialit?ten

Is it permitted to send this through US postal system? That's assuming of course it ever gets out of DR postal system.............;) I think it's going to be a lot easier for you to find a substitute where you live - I would imagine that anything with either lidocaine or benzocaine would have the same result. For example, this is what I buy when in UK
Dual Action Merocaine 24 Lozenges - Sore Throats
You can probably get those where you are. But if you want to contact the DR distributor of Angimed
Bienvenido a Oscar A. Renta Negron ! Click Farma, then under Marca scroll down to Medinova Ltd. then look in box at bottom of page. Email & tel. nos on website. The makers, Medinova, are a Swiss company with an international presence if you want to contact them directly
Medinova Pharmaceutical Specialities

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Yes, that is the stuff. I don't know why, but it is a lot better than anything I can get in the U.S. I swear, if I have a sore throat coming on, 1 or 2 lozenges will stop it. I have tried all the similar U.S. medicines and none work as well. I have given it to others to try and they all say it works like a miracle.

I bring this back with me each time I travel to the DR and have never had anyone at customs tell me I could not bring it back. I have not checked with the U.S. post office, but I would not think an over the counter medicine would fall under their banned items since it is not illegal to have for personal use.

I realize that it might be hard for a DR resident to mail this out of the country due to the poor postal system, but someone visiting could bring it back in their luggage and mail it to me in the U.S. Just hoping to get some before my next trip which may not be until the end of the year.

Last edited: