Police shoot robbers in Sosua

rush

Jan 22, 2005
Finally, justice has been served the only way in Sosua. As reported in the English Paper last week along with the roit in the local jail in Puerta Plata

Personally, I think we should all contribute to a fund ( say 1,000 peso's each) and give it to the local police everytime they shoot one of these robbers.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Finally, justice has been served the only way in Sosua. As reported in the English Paper last week along with the roit in the local jail in Puerta Plata

Did anyone get shot in the riot at Fortaleza?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Did anyone get shot in the riot at Fortaleza?
Apparently not.
I happened to drive one of the guards to the Fortaleza on the following day and she said that some shots were fired by the guards to calm the crowd down, but not aimed at anybody and that nobody had been injured.
She said that it was about food at first, then conjugal visits and maybe one other thing that I can't remember.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Maybe shot at but according to
Puerto Plata Digital
and
Periodico El Faro - Trasladan presos participaron en mot?n c?rcel San Felipe
not shot and killed.

BTW, 'rush' rushed to the assumption that all inmates are convicted robbers....
This I strongly doubt.

m'frog

Thanks for that - I strongly doubt it as well. I do have a vested interest, my ex is in there and according to him it was nowhere near as dramatic or dangerous as some have made out and was dealt with swiftly and efficiently.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
She said that it was about food at first, then conjugal visits and maybe one other thing that I can't remember.

The third thing was telephone privileges. I was told there were some injuries but how much that was as a result of prisoners setting fire to mattresses, wielding knives or anything else we'll probably never know. No-one was killed, I doubt very much if guards aimed at prisoners when they shot, I would imagine they aimed over their heads, probably well over their heads.

Personally, I think we should all contribute to a fund ( say 1,000 peso's each) and give it to the local police everytime they shoot one of these robbers.

And just how long would it be before a 'bounty' mentality took over? Underfunded police officer needs cash so pops out & shoots a baddie, or a presumed baddie. One of the reason the police do it now is that many of them are tee'd off with the judicial system letting many of these guys walk. But 'sponsored' licence to kill is starting down a very slippery slope IMHO.

Out of interest Human Rights Committee is talking about litigating against national Police Chief for the loss of life in police shootouts.
Comisi?n de los Derechos Humanos someter? a la justicia al jefe de la Polic?a Nacional

And no, not all inmates are convicted prisoners. The backlog of cases pending is still large though not as bad as it was. I would guess that at least a third of those inmates are remand cases. At one time a few years back it was 60% remand 40% convicted.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
That prison guard I spoke to, mentioned a total of 5 shots, just fired in the air.
She also mentioned the burning mattresses and anything else they could get their hands on and that the few injuries that occurred, had nothing to do with the gun shots.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I think maybe the OP is talking abot the gangsters that was shot in Sosua by the police about 1 and a half week ago.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Bad boyz and girls

Vast majority of the folks in the prisons, especially the 'foreigners', in Santiago, Pto. Plata, etc, are in for drug-related charges. A sad lot, yearning to be free, now making friends with the rats and counting the ants for entertainment.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I think maybe the OP is talking abot the gangsters that was shot in Sosua by the police about 1 and a half week ago.

There has been two recent incidents of would be robbers being shot. only injured, and one was hurt because he chose not to comply. The good cops are upset now because so many thieves are "walking" due to the interference of do gooders from outside this country, the assailants can now make complaints to the fiscal if they are mistreated in any way, or sufficient evidence to hold them, this in effect, is "tying the cops' hands". Thats tough on all of us.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In Sosua one scum WAS killed by the police and two seriously wounded.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
Ladybird, there was, indeed, an incident of perps being shot AND killed, I have a picture of the dead one as well as the 2 injured ones from the incident in Sosua last week. As I reported before, Captain Contreras is helping clean up the area. Let's all give him some support and credit for his efforts.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Ladybird, there was, indeed, an incident of perps being shot AND killed, I have a picture of the dead one as well as the 2 injured ones from the incident in Sosua last week. As I reported before, Captain Contreras is helping clean up the area. Let's all give him some support and credit for his efforts.
Great news. Brings back memories of the "Good Old Days" with La Cobra.

SASDomRep

Apr 1, 2008

Campesina,

There was also 2 such incidents in the area in the road beside the police station in Sosua, so it looks like something is being done. I have pmed you with some good news for your area

rush

Jan 22, 2005

He has a difficult job. Many years ago ( 15 yrs) we had some thieves break into a home that we were renting to a bunch of engineers working at a local hotel. They were beaten up, raped and finally tied up. The local police caught the perps and justice was served. ( they never made it to the jail in PP)