Advice message for Ton1717...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
If Ton1717 from Uruguay would like info on the DR, I strongly suggest that he posts here on the main board and does not send PM's and invite people to add his contact details to their MSN Messenger list. I am sure there are many people who live full/ part time in the Dominican Republic who will be delighted to share their experiences with you Ton.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Despite thinking I made the situation quite clear in my first post, I have now received an email from ton1717 who is called Washington Duarte he says with an email address of wtond@hotmail.com

I have never had a problem putting my contact details in my profile on DR1 previously and no-one has ever abused that in the past... I really do not wish to go completely 'private' but do not wish to receive unsolicited messages - any suggestions?

I have replied to the email as follows:

"Please see my response on DR1 to your unwelcome contact via PM, email and request to add you to my msn messenger contacts.

Thank you."

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
It sometimes happens that way - you may have collected yourself a 'secret admirer'. Usually they are benign but sometimes they are not. What I found the best for me is to disable email through the board (UserCp - Edit Options). PM's are still active and if there is a necessity to exchange an email address, it can be done through a pm.

Whirleybird, the writer cannot see your email address through the board. The fact that you responded, exposed your email address.

The old internet safeguard is valuable here .. if you don't want to interact with someone, just dont. Don't tell them that you don't want to ;)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If you are logged in to this board, you can see other users MSN messenger/e mail address. DO NOT put your MSN messenger on your profile if it is a secret!

tambo'

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you are logged in to this board, you can see other users MSN messenger/e mail address. DO NOT put your MSN messenger on your profile if it is a secret!

tambo'

I see what you mean, the address is already on her profile for the messaging programs even if they don't go through DR1.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Yes I see - never even thought of all those other things. Whirleybird, you're advertising in a sense! Skype, Yahoo and MSN. Of course someone is going to contact you sometime.