Boca chica 2 June

domenica

Apr 4, 2008
Hi. I am coming from Greece 2nd June for my honeymoon.I do not want to book through an agent.I want to go all over by ourselves.I am thinking my first stop will be Boca chica.Can you recommend a nice place to stay that will have a balcony with ocean view???

Aug 19, 2004
I don't know the full story - but IMHO if I was "coming from Greece 2nd June for my honeymoon" Boca Chica would not be top of my list of places to stay - try Juan Dolio .

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I personally dont care for juan dolio. (just MHO). I dont care for the beach that much and just find it boring.

I think if one could find a bungalo in guyacanes (sp?)...that might be nicer.
(more romantic)

hamaca is a decent bet for the south. Its more touristy than the rest of the town --if that is what you like.

THe town itself is indeed kida trashy (i call it the coney isle of the carib)...but it is kinda fun and there ARE some good restaurants.

being that the OP is traveling in june....it shouldnt be crowded accept for sunday or a holiday.

Being that it is the OP's first stop...i think hamaca will be a safe bet. There are few smaller indie hotels on the beach....but I think hamaca will give one a "safe" entry into the country and then one can get more adventuous.

domenica

Apr 4, 2008
Thank you very much for your answers. Just to try to understand our plan is to come at Santo Domingo airport stay to the closest place for 2 days which is Boca chica and then go around and find everything else.We have 15 days and since we do not like all inclusive hotels we have enough time to explore the whole DR.At Santo Domingo we will stay the days before our departure so i thought starting from boca chica would be a nice idea.I just wanted your personal opinion for a good place with an ocean view to stay.Is las palmeras good or if you have to reccomend any???

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Well..most of the hotels on the beach in BC are AI. if you dont mind a short walk (and no view) then the El Candil is always a good bet. (just ask for a room in section A...away from the construction).

There are many other small non AI's. but not too many on the beach itself. (and you dont want to end up at a hooker palace either).

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It looks nice!

You do realize any place on that side of Hamaca has NO beach access?

It's all rocks on that side.

tambo'

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It's only about a 10 minute walk to the other side of hamaca, you can not cut through Hamaca's beach, even though a beach is considered public.
(No need to re-open that can of worms here)

tambo'

domenica

Apr 4, 2008
I am ok with that.Any way we will stay only for a couple of days.In your opinion which samll hotel has the best view in boca chica? My husbant would like the first days to relax in our balcony with a nice view that s why i insist on this. Because after that I ll be there and choose everything in person.Now it is a little difficult since is my first time there...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

domenica

Apr 4, 2008
Don Emilio and Zapata were already under concideration.It takes me time to understant good in english but these two are closer to the beach right?
Which one would you choose from those two???

domenica

Apr 4, 2008
Of course i will.Allthough you have to wait till 17 of june when i will return..
For the moment i let my beloved to decide which one he likes the most...