• Thread starter Las Galeras Memo
  • Start date

Delay to process Deslinda?

L

Las Galeras Memo

Hi,

Can anyone shed light on why is might take 2 years to process a Deslinda after the survey?

It's not just me, but all of the applications in this vicinity are apparently pending.

Thanks,

Memo

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hi,

Can anyone shed light on why is might take 2 years to process a Deslinda after the survey?

It's not just me, but all of the applications in this vicinity are apparently pending.

Thanks,

Memo
It depends a lot on who you use. The use of GPS is required now and there aren't very many "qualified people". 2 GPS points must be placed on your property unless there are allready available within 500 meters. Time factor varies between 4 months and 1 year again depending on the company you use. They are surveying a property for me tomorrow and I was told that possibly sometime in July I would have it. Beware of those who say the have GPS qualifications. Several don't and they subcontract the work to other companies. Results, you go to the bottom of the list and pay more. PM me for the name of the company I'm using. Among their clients, are Banco Central. One thing for sure, if I get my deslinde in July I will plaster this site with recommendations.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
... Time factor varies between 4 months and 1 year again depending on the company you use. They are surveying a property for me tomorrow and I was told that possibly sometime in July I would have it...
Eddy, could you please specify what "it " means? Is it to get the plans or submitted to the tribunal de tierras or until you get you new title(s)?

Only four months would be a record time to get to the titles!

Memo, just for your information, it's deslinde. Comes from the verb deslindar.

Thanks! ... J-D.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Eddy, could you please specify what "it " means? Is it to get the plans or submitted to the tribunal de tierras or until you get you new title(s)?

Only four months would be a record time to get to the titles!

Memo, just for your information, it's deslinde. Comes from the verb deslindar.

Thanks! ... J-D.

By it, I meant the "deslinde". The contract with the surveyor guarantees a max limit of time for them to get the paperwork to the tribunal. The rest is a waiting process that can be speeded up I'm sure. As for the title. I have had it for years. Also, a few years ago I bought some other property and Guzman's office got the titles transfered to me within a few weeks. I know a lot has changed since then. Now you need a deslinde to be able to get the title transfered "to you". A good protection against people buying property with bogus titles. Bottom line, if they deliver the "deslinde" by the end of July, I'll be a happy camper. If not, well .... you know. LOL.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
By it, I meant the "deslinde". The contract with the surveyor guarantees a max limit of time for them to get the paperwork to the tribunal. The rest is a waiting process that can be speeded up I'm sure. As for the title. I have had it for years. Also, a few years ago I bought some other property and Guzman's office got the titles transfered to me within a few weeks. I know a lot has changed since then. Now you need a deslinde to be able to get the title transfered "to you". A good protection against people buying property with bogus titles. Bottom line, if they deliver the "deslinde" by the end of July, I'll be a happy camper. If not, well .... you know. LOL.
So, the the time offer by your surveyor is to measure and prepare all papers to be submitted to the land court.
I had asked because it was my understanding so far, that it is supposed to take in between half and a full year for the court to approve it and, where necessary issue new title(s).

Thanks for clearing this up, Eddy.

... J-D.

L

Las Galeras Memo

Thanks to all who have shared information in response to my query, particularly Eddy for introducing the fact of the GPS requirement and JD for the grammar correction. :)

Is there some record made to demonstrate that the surveyor has actually made the application for the deslinde?

Memo

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I just got finished talking with an aguacil who is facilitating the deslinde for the apartment complex that is being built behind my house. He says with the new laws in place a deslinde is much faster and should only take a couple of months to a few if the adjacent property owners can be found and don't have issues with the property boundary. On the other hand, if the property owners do have issues with the common property lines or cannot be found, that could cause a delay.

Also, they asked me to sign a document and told me that I was only saying that I was informed that the adjacent property owner was applying for a deslinde. Being somewhat familiar with property law and such(I am a civil engineer) I would infer from that if an adjacent property owner had an issue with a common property line(I did not)that they would not sign and would require the dispute to be resolved before the deslinde could be settled.