Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crime in the DR

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crime in the DR

Spam. Removed. I have no problem advertisers responding to a post, but you are not allowed to start new threads spamming your buisness.
    Last edited by DR1Admin; 04-05-2008 at 06:45 PM.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Im confused I thought you told me thats what I could do once Id paid for the advertising, obviously Ive misunderstood

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Cut and paste from the email I sent you on April 1.

"Being an active advertiser allows you the opportunity to "respond" to posts relating to your particular service or product on the message board".

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

So in my response do I refer them to your classified section?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, I have no problem with that. You can refer them to your website if you want.

Just don't over board and use it as a reason to respond to every post and promote your link.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

SASDomRep, I have just gone over your classified ad and it looks like you have all the right stuff to secure homes, business and individuals. I would be interested in how it works. And I am interested in what we, as individuals, can do to stop crime in general? I know there is a lot of common sense involved, but there must be some general ideas as well. We all know dogs, gates, window bars, etc., but many of us have those things, and the crime continues.

What is your solution, besides having Capitan Contreras living in your guest bedroom?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish, hes quite a guy LOL , especially in his white dress uniform at special events- good cop I agree with you. In some of the properties I have gone out to offer advice the good people really think they are safe if they have dogs and grills, sadly this is not the case. One such property I went to that had just been robbed in Pro Cab (they seem to be getting hit a lot lately both day and night but never post on here) thought they were well protected, but unfortunately they had the wrong bars positionned incorrectly and the surrounding wall and wire they had had installed was not efficient by any means and so they were robbed. I pointed out to them the weaknesses and hope they will follow the advice. I remember once before on a thread someone suggested a neighbourhood watch scheme, this would be good but with trained guards, we are offering this service on a shared guard basis as I know many people cant afford their own private guard
    Last edited by SASDomRep; 04-06-2008 at 11:45 AM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

So, is that something you do...analyze current security of a property? Do you do that consultation for free? Or is there a charge for that?

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

No the consultations are free, but sadly a lot of people think it will never happen to them so dont do anything until its too late. The properties I have visited so far to advise on were all victims of robberies We can also install the correct grills and build secure walls with the right razor wire around a property

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Delinquencia

One of the things that would be useful is if the press would stop referring to what is happening as "delinquencia" which where I come from is sort of like stealing hub caps and putting graffitti up on walls and treat armed robbery as hard core crime. If guys with guns are breaking into homes and taking passports and credit cards in broad daylight, they are organized criminals, they have fences. This country is getting some of the best educated criminals the US has to offer, coming from our best univerisities, like Attica, every week. We need to get in touch with the drug dealers here, the Domincans who are selling and make a deal with them to not addict their own people with CRACK -- We need to educate the people here on the difference between marijuana - which is not addictive, and cocacaine, which is addicitive but in high demand in the US and Europe and CRACK with is INSANELY addictive and will mean the death of this island for tourism and everything else. REAlly for everyone. Just tranship the cocaine. Let the marijuana pass. AND STOP THE CRACK. IT IS THE CRACK THAT IS CAUSING THE CRIME,. ONCE THEY ARE CRACK ADDICTED THEY MUST HAVE IT

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast