internet access

MickeyJ1

Apr 6, 2008
I am travelling to Puerto Plata in July and was wondering if there are any places to use my own laptop to access the internet.I own a business and my employees will revolt if their payroll doesn't get done. I did find another thread somewhere on this site that mentions a few places, but the thread was from 2005. I want to make sure that the places mentioned are still in existence. They were: Rocky's in Sosua

Field of Dreams Inn- across from the Playa Dorada

Dot com at 12 de Julio

Thanks so much for any information you can give me.

A

apostropheman

Rocky's has wifi for sure. It's also a safe and comfortable place to surf the net from.

The Field of Dreams has been sold and
has changed names but IIRC it does have wifi.

I'm not familiar with your 3rd option, sorry.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Rocky's has wifi for sure. It's also a safe and comfortable place to surf the net from.

The Field of Dreams has been sold and
has changed names but IIRC it does have wifi.

I'm not familiar with your 3rd option, sorry.

I am guessing the 3rd option is a "centro de internet".

A

apostropheman

There are many in and around Sosua but I have never used a laptop at one, although I understand that you can, generally. I might be a bit paranoid using their signal anyway.

Rocky's is safe and secure.
I am guessing the 3rd option is a "centro de internet".

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Hemmingways in the Playa Dorada plaza and Cafe Cito just outside of the Playa Dorada complex (heading into town) also have free WIFI.

If you are staying in a hotel then you may find that you can access the internet wirelessly from your hotel room.

Daydream

A

apostropheman

It seems to me that a search might turn up a thread listing free wifi areas...;):bunny::bunny:

MickeyJ1

Apr 6, 2008
thanks for all the info. I have emailed our resort and now am just waiting for them to get back to me. I am also sure now that I will find what I need when I get there. I have been looking for several hours now through different web sites.

Again, thanks!