Where to stay in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhauger

Nov 24, 2005
If you guys had to pick one place to stay in Cabarete for four days. Where would it be? I am leaning toward Velero Beach Resort. I am looking for something really nice.

kingofbanff

Jan 4, 2007
Velero is great! We have stayed there several times. The others are fine but at the wrong end of the beach. All the noise and sewage heads down that way.

Cabarete East is too far to walk to so you have to take motos or cabs. If you want secluded it is perfect.

Check out tripadvisor.com and search Velero...it gets awesome reviews.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
It depends on what you want to spend. Ocean Dream, Ocean1, are really really nice, but about $200-250 US a night. Hotel Kaoba is nice, tnot on the beach but right on the other side of the street for, I think, $60 US for their best room. There are other nice places around. It all depends on your money.

drmc

Jun 10, 2007
I always stay at the Villa Taina ...right on the beach, a great beachside breakfast that is included, but other than that it is not an all-inclusive hotel. They have a smaller pool, beachside restaurant, bar, volleyball, free hour of windsurfing for guests, nice location too.

Cabarete Hotel Dominican Republic, VILLA TAINA HOTEL

Kaoba is cheaper, and nice for the price ...good pool, good location, but not on the beach side ... if you want something "really nice" and are willing to spend a little more, there are nicer places.

mike.n.amy

Jun 4, 2007
Check out Hotel Magnifico

We just moved to Cabarete and are renting in Ocean Dream. Very nice, very secure, and right on the beach. Beware if you rent a studio in 108 Kite Drive, you will hear a constant noise of traffic. Not horrible, but something to be forewarned of.

When looking for long-term rentals, our favorite place we walked through was Hotel Magnifico right on the beach. A bummer they don't rent long-term, but for a visit I'd definitely recommend it just from the walk through we did. You can check them out on the web at Hotel El Magnifico in Cabarete, Dominican Republic

Just from our walks on the beach, Velero does look very nice and is right next to Janet's supermarket.

Best of luck picking the right spot and enjoy your visit!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Velero is the "nicest" hotel in Cabarete...the only two other real choices would be El Magnifico, which is very close in proximity (quiet end of the bay), and Villa Taina, which is right in town. Anything else is either much farther from towm (i.e. Agualina) not in the same class (i.e. Kaoba), or a condo - which is not the same experience as a hotel...

vhauger

Nov 24, 2005
The reason for my four day stay is to scout for future long term rental. I was wondering about a studio rental at Ocean Dreams in Kite 108. I figured that there might be a road noise problem. Thanks for the info on that Mike.n.Amy.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
What about Ocean Manor resort? The photos look nice but I have not stayed there.

mike.n.amy

Jun 4, 2007
We haven't stayed at Ocean Manor, but have been hanging out with some vacationers from the States that are there on a week vacation. They said it's not bad but not great. They love all the Happy Hours the place has (apparently 2-3 throughout the day/night), but said it's an older/quieter crowd there this week.

If you haven't checked Cabarete - Dominican Republic - by Active Cabarete that seems like a great site to compare the hotels listed for Cabarete.

Enjoy your stay!

Reuhaa

Jan 15, 2008
CITA DEL SOL is a nice place to stay,if you want to rent longterm it's available,they have the nicest garden and the biggest pool in CABARETe.p,s, don't let the veiw from the street fool you,you need to nwalk inside and have a look for yourself..

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
CITA DEL SOL is a nice place to stay,if you want to rent longterm it's available,they have the nicest garden and the biggest pool in CABARETe.p,s, don't let the veiw from the street fool you,you need to nwalk inside and have a look for yourself..

I agree. If you are here just to check things out for a few days why not stay at CdS. It is close to everything, centrally located although not beach front. Many of the apartments have been beautifully renovated by their owners.
I guess, it all depends of what kind of luxury you require.

DSC_4564.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.