Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inverters and UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supplies)

I have 4 brand-new Tripp Lite UPS's (Uninterruptable Power Supplies) from the USA that seem to be incompatible with my inverter and my generator - when the house is running on generator and/or inverter, the UPS thinks there is no power. I checked the voltage coming from the inverter and the generator and those are fine.

Has anyone had the same experience?

Thanks!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Check the frequency setting should be 60hz here

Also the voltage sensors for correct settings ...are you using 220v or 110v.

Some ups have a reset trip that has to be manually pressed check it is ok.

Using an inverter to power a UPS is not a good idea unless you are happy that the inverter puts out a good sine wave. Most do not they are a poor quality wave at best. When added to a UPS the UPS output can become unusable.
    Generator out puts are normally ok as they are true sine wave.

Skippy1

Moderator - Clown Central
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by headnerd View Post
    I have 4 brand-new Tripp Lite UPS's (Uninterruptable Power Supplies) from the USA that seem to be incompatible with my inverter and my generator - when the house is running on generator and/or inverter, the UPS thinks there is no power. I checked the voltage coming from the inverter and the generator and those are fine.

Has anyone had the same experience?

Thanks!
    I have two small off-brand UPSīs, one of them does not like my generator but both run on the Inverter.

I also have a TrippLite 1000 VA Pure Sine Wave UPS that works fine on the Inverter.

Don SantiagoDR

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

headnerd
    Please, tell us exactly what type of Tripp Lite UPS do you have and how do you connect all of them.
    If I anderstood you correctly, you want to cover absence of el. power before your generator start to work?

Thank you.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Don SantiagoDR[/QUOTE]

Nice bug, man!.. I almost smacked a hole in my monitor. (I need a newer one anyway).

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rflmao

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Don SantiagoDR
    Nice bug, man!.. I almost smacked a hole in my monitor. (I need a newer one anyway).[/quote]

Yes my wife came screeming out of the bedroom claiming she was under attack from a monster bug that would not go away......I myself hit the laptop with a newspaper 3 times before I realised it was not real....

still laughing now......

Skippy