Inverters and UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supplies)

headnerd

Dec 28, 2006
I have 4 brand-new Tripp Lite UPS's (Uninterruptable Power Supplies) from the USA that seem to be incompatible with my inverter and my generator - when the house is running on generator and/or inverter, the UPS thinks there is no power. I checked the voltage coming from the inverter and the generator and those are fine.

Has anyone had the same experience?

Thanks!

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
Check the frequency setting should be 60hz here

Also the voltage sensors for correct settings ...are you using 220v or 110v.

Some ups have a reset trip that has to be manually pressed check it is ok.

Using an inverter to power a UPS is not a good idea unless you are happy that the inverter puts out a good sine wave. Most do not they are a poor quality wave at best. When added to a UPS the UPS output can become unusable.
Generator out puts are normally ok as they are true sine wave.

Skippy1

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I have 4 brand-new Tripp Lite UPS's (Uninterruptable Power Supplies) from the USA that seem to be incompatible with my inverter and my generator - when the house is running on generator and/or inverter, the UPS thinks there is no power. I checked the voltage coming from the inverter and the generator and those are fine.

Has anyone had the same experience?

Thanks!

I have two small off-brand UPS?s, one of them does not like my generator but both run on the Inverter.

I also have a TrippLite 1000 VA Pure Sine Wave UPS that works fine on the Inverter.
hs2kxh.jpg

Don SantiagoDR

goodvin

Jul 23, 2007
headnerd
Please, tell us exactly what type of Tripp Lite UPS do you have and how do you connect all of them.
If I anderstood you correctly, you want to cover absence of el. power before your generator start to work?

Thank you.

Retired@40

Feb 9, 2006
hs2kxh.jpg

Don SantiagoDR[/QUOTE]

Nice bug, man!.. I almost smacked a hole in my monitor. (I need a newer one anyway).

Skippy1

Feb 21, 2008
Rflmao

hs2kxh.jpg

Don SantiagoDR

Nice bug, man!.. I almost smacked a hole in my monitor. (I need a newer one anyway).[/quote]

Yes my wife came screeming out of the bedroom claiming she was under attack from a monster bug that would not go away......I myself hit the laptop with a newspaper 3 times before I realised it was not real....

still laughing now......

Skippy