dvd repair

Caz

May 15, 2004
Hello all - I have searched without success for the name of someone who can repair my dvd player. Does anyone know of anybody in the greater Sosua/Cabarete area please?

J

John Evans

its probably not worth the cost of repairing one these days- you could ask at the place at the back of baileys in sosua

J

John Evans

youve got a dvd laser disc cleaner ? theres a lot of dust about here...if the laser is broken its not worth repairing though

Caz

May 15, 2004
The loading tray won't respond to either the remote eject/open or the manual one - and we have replaced the batteries in the remote. lol So we can't get a disc in.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
I recently had my CD stereo fixed at DeLancer in Sosua Abajo. The repair was inexpensive too. They fixed it right there and then! It was great finding someone who can repair CD Stereos and DVD players.

Caz

May 15, 2004
Good thinking Tamborista - yes the light was on but nobody home.

Rendul - thanks for the tip, I will try them.

milo

Jan 27, 2005
CeduCom

In Puerto Plata, I have had mine repaired twice in a year, but first time it had never been used, just shaken around in luggage, at Ceducom, said it could not load disk, was very inexpensive about RD$200.

Caz

May 15, 2004
Rendul - just had the dvd fixed at the hole in the wall place near Lancer. Did it while you wait for 600 pesos. Thanks for the tip!

milo

Jan 27, 2005
CeduCom Location

Glad to hear you got DVD repaired. In case anyone is looking for the info in future, CeduCom is on Antera Mota a couple of blocks west of Centro Medico and beside the petstore, repair is on second floor, store to purchase electronics, etc. is on main floor.

Caz

May 15, 2004
Thanks Milo - I'll make a note of them too - can't have too many recommended places! :)