Brown Rice in Bulk

brsboarder

Jan 2, 2008
I?m wondering if anyone knows of a place to buy brown rice in bulk. I know jumbo sells bags that are 5lbs, but I need bags upwards of 100 or 200 pounds. I have went to the market but no one was able to help me there. If someone knows of an importer or anyone who grows brown rice, that would be great. I need it on a consistent basis (52 weeks a year) and probably 200 or 300 pounds a week at a cheap price.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Go to Jumbo and ask who their supplier is. They may even be willing to buy in for you at larger quantities. That may be a step in the right direction?.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Rice

Somewhat off topic... but, Should not all people be eating Brown Rice and since it takes less processing, should it not be cheaper? Most people in the DR seem to eat Rice 2 or 3 times a day. Why is there not more of a demand? Does it really taste that bad?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Brown rice is NOT grown, it is milled that way, or rather, partially milled.

Go to any rice mill, and if you do not happen to know a rice mill owner, send me a PM and I will get all you want. It comes in bags of 125 pounds or 25 pounds, your choice.

HB

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
good to know

Thanks for the info. I'll be asking you for that info when I get there in June. You have a wealth of information!!!!