Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guiness Supplier? Contact for Jose O´Sheas?

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask. But I would like know if anybody could refer me a supplier of Guiness in the DR. The only place that I know of that serves the black stuff is Jose O´Shea´s in Cabarate, if nobody knows of the supplier, perhaps somebody could direct me to the owner of Jose O´sheas, perhaps he would be able to help me find what I am looking for. I would like to suggest having Guiness on the Menu at a bar in Santo Domingo. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a good thought! It doesn't travel outside Ireland that well though.. But I would also be interested to hear about this, I'll even drink bad tasting guiness. :-)

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Urug-

Beleive me I have looked high and wide for Guiness here. I know one of the North Coast places kinda bootlegs it in with flight crews and other visitors in their luggage. I did find a place in Juan Dolio that has it- I can't remember the name, but it is across the street from the German bar on the beach. It is the Guiness Draught though, and not the tall can with the little bubble of nitrogen. Not even that expensive- like 140 pesos a beer or so. I kind of feel reluctant to tell you, as my secret source will be exposed!!!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

It´s all good, I´m looking at getting it supplied to a popular bar, perhaps that would be an incentive to whomever the ¨secret supplier¨ is, it can´t be that hard, it´s not like it´s narcotics. And $140 is much better than the $340 i paid per tall can last time.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

he's right $140RD is much better than the $340RD or more they charge in Cabarete. I went to O'Sheas and was completely shocked to see the price of a Guiness draught...NOT COOL

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried the main wholesaler of Johnnie Walker in the DR? They are part of the same company that owns the Guiness brand. I have emailed a buddy of mine that works for Diageo in Int Sales & Marketing to see if he can give any leads.

Interesting fact: Guiness sales in Nigeria are higher than the USA!
    Last edited by leehall; 04-08-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: sp!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip leehall, I appreciate it, let me know if you find anything out, in the meantime I will see if I can get in touch witht the JW supplier.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

El Uruguayo,
    My buddy used to work in S America, but is now in Australia..., he didn't know off the top of his head, but he is looking in to it and has promised to come back to me in a couple of days! Will keep you posted.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Again thanks leehall, if this comes throught I´m sure all of those who have even just one drop of irish blood in the dr will be happy to hear the news.

Cheers!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guiness Supplier?

Cans of the draught version of guiness are avaiable in Providenciales, Turks & Caicos.

There is a twice weekly boat from Puerta Plata and I would suggest that anyone wishing to purchase the black stuff to establish contact with the agents transporting concrete/building materials to Providenciales.

Being Irish it's a way of life to establish a supply chain for the black gold and I have never gone withoiut these past 4 years.

Good Luck

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast