Clothing store in Downtown, Bavaro....

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Hola folks !!!

Just trying to do a little internet research...for those of you living in Bavaro Punta Cana or the surrounding areas....would you appreciate having a "North American" style clothing store, wth brand names such as The Gap, Old Navy, Mexx, Jacob, Smart Set....etc....For both men and women...

While still be able to pay less for these items than you would at HOME ??? Unlike the OVERPRICED stuff in Palma Real ???

Does any think that it would be a good idea ???

Lastly, where would be the best location for you all and WHY ???

P.S. Any (good/bad) comments and criticisms are MORE than accepted !!!

Thanks to all !!!

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
From what i noticed...and whats more popular in that particular area....was the knockoffs were selling way more than "regular" clothes...even the tourists were going crazy buying the Chanal,Gucci,Burberry,Prada.. everything.

I think if there were a store, something like winners or Designer Depot it would do well, they have designer fashions,Jordan, Rocawear,Babyphat,Applebottom,DKNY,Sean John....on and on the list goes...i think something like that would kick ass over an Old Navy..

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Thanks...

I really appreciate the comments....

If there is anyone else in the surrounding Punta Cana, Bavaro areas with some more feedback, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance !!!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Heck, even though things are getting better, we're still missing a bit of everything in the area! Do you know how hard it is to find a decent pair of work pants and shoes without paying an arm and a leg? I'm waiting for my next trip to Santo Domingo to buy the stuff I'm missing because I haven't been able to find anything...

I personally think that a store with nice work (office) clothes of good quality at a reasonable price would do great in this area. Kids are also at a disadvantage because they've only got 2 or 3 expensive clothing stores. Most of my friends load up when they go to La Romana or Santo Domingo...

That said, keep in mind that when Jumbo finally is built and opens we'll at least have SOME more reasonble options (not first grade quality but not too shabby either). Food-wise, I feel sorry for all the small supermarkets that are opening up right now. Not exactly the best move!