Corporacion Nonsense

rotondon

Aug 16, 2007
Why Is That When You Moved To A New Place Electric Co. "investigates" If There Is A Past Due Balance From Previous Owner And Holds Up Your Connection If There Is One, Even After You Show Them Your Past Paid Bills On Time And Putting Up A New Deposit.
Dont They Collect From Previous Deposit The Amount They Are Owed.
Help It Has Been Four Days.

Thanks
Rotondon

Feb 7, 2007
Bad luck... that's why I had to show my landlord that I had my account with EdeEste settled before I moved out.

Why they do it? Because they do not recognize "clients", they recognize "delivery points", and each delivery point has it representative. So your name on the account doesn't mean thay YOU are a CLIENT, it means YOU are a REPRESENTATIVE of the DELIVERY POINT.

When a delivery point has past due balance, well... bad luck.

I know it's weird and sucks, but that's the way it is. ... it's our "policy" is what they tell you.

Now you have an option to write a complaint, make it better a good one with lots of proof, cry out loud that you have a small child (newborn) and a child that goes to school and has to study and that your 90-yr old grandma lives with you and necessitates oxygen support, go pay 500 pesos and get medical certificate for that from a corrupt doctor, draft your complaint (the way and form you would do a legal letter) make it 5-6 pages, did I say attach lots of support, make it very VERY emotional, cry out loud duress and hardship, and cry out loud your innocency.

And did I say, clearly state that the copy goes to the local TV station and their investigative program, local radio station and their investigative program, local cable company and their investigative program, to the board of directors of the EdeXXX company (find out the names and positions, and write that down), if that is EdeEste investigate BofDir of their foreign owners and write down the copy goes to them as well, copy to ClaveDigital, Telemicro, Diario Libre, etc. --- even if you don't send out one single copy --- state it VERY CLEARLY on the complaint that CC is being sent to aforementioned parties.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT INTRODUCES FEAR INTO THE EQUATION.

Then go and deposit your complaint at the local EdeEste/EdeSur/EdeNorte office. Make 2 copies, deposit one, and get the second stamped and signed by the receiving officer. ---that's evry important and that's your proof ---They have to respond within 5 days. If they give you negative response, file the SAME complaint with the copy of the EdeXXX response with PROTECOM of the Superintendencia de Electricidad.

Now, I hope it will work for you. It worked for me to get RD$44,000 "special charge/penalty" removed from the friend's account at EdeEste (he didn't fully comply with Acuerdo de Pago and they hit him with a penalty) after I heard "no" all over from everybody.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Do not let RE agent/seller screw you.

Just do not sign a purchase or rent agreement on this "NEW PLACE" until seller/landlord presents you the proof that there is no electrical past due debt on the "PLACE" - a proper paper from the "Electric Co."

Let it be headache of the real estate agent, or seller, or landlord. Not yours!!

Why Is That When You Moved To A New Place Electric Co. "investigates" If There Is A Past Due Balance From Previous Owner And Holds Up Your Connection If There Is One, Even After You Show Them Your Past Paid Bills On Time And Putting Up A New Deposit.
Dont They Collect From Previous Deposit The Amount They Are Owed.
Help It Has Been Four Days.

Thanks
Rotondon

rotondon

Aug 16, 2007
Yes I Am In The Process Now,telphone Is In, 4 Days In Process With Corporacion They Are Still Investigating As Of Today

Thanks
Rotondon