False Impersonation

stand777

Apr 10, 2008
My birth certificate was stolen a while back ago and I believe someone is impersonating me. How can I go about finding this out? Any advice is greatly appreciated.:ermm:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
My birth certificate was stolen a while back ago and I believe someone is impersonating me. How can I go about finding this out? Any advice is greatly appreciated.:ermm:

It would be a great help if you include what country your birth certificate is from.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Here we call it identity theft and it has caused havoc for victims, I wish you the best of luck, what gives you the impression someone is impersonating you?

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
You should report it to the police immediately regardless of the type of document.

Get a copy of the police report (officer's #, report #, etc.) and then report it to the USA government. Identity Theft and Fraud since you are a US citizen.

If it's your Dominican birth certificate, you should also report it to the embassy/consulate of the Dominican Republic. Embassy of the Dominican Republic, in the United States

I think you should also talk to your bank and/VISA card holder and let them know there might be a case of identity theft.

-----
This happened to me, by the way ... twice. Best of luck!