• Thread starter GLORIA GENEE RODRIGUEZ
  • Start date

HOW IS IT IN THE DOMINICAN REP.?

G

GLORIA GENEE RODRIGUEZ

HI,
MY NAME IS STEFF AND I LIVE IN SAN ANTONIO, TX IN THE USA.. I AM CURRENTLY DOING A PAPER ON THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC BECAUSE I FEEL THAT IT IS THE MOST INTERESTING AND NICEST PLACE TO BE AT.. CAN YOU TELL ME WHY YOU WOULD AGREE WITH ME.. I GO TO HEALTH CAREERS HS. . A PRE- MED HIGH SCHOOL.

THANX FOR YOU HELP.
GLORIA GENEE RODRIGUEZ

B

bri

hey steff,

r u still in high school? i am a sophmore and i went there on a mission trip this summer, i dont know if u want ppl that live there, but ill tell u what i thought neways. I absolutely loved the country.Physically it has everything, mountains, deserts, big cities and the most beautiful beaches i have ever seen. The people are very friendly and try to communicate w/ u even if u cant speak their language. Its hard to put it all into words on a post, so if u want more info on our trip email me!

H

Hillbilly

Hey Bri, sent you a note!! *PIC*

Glad to see that you made it okey. And, like everyone here told you, it was pretty easy, huh?

All the best,

Hillbilly

J

Jo Anne

Why did I love the DR? I may be biased because I started out with the sole intention for my trip being to visit my sponsored child in Mao. I came home with three wonderful days of memories with the child and his family, two new friends, and a huge yearning to return. Weather, food, friendly people, merengue, fun times with the local people on the guaguas, and the most beautiful sunsets in Mao that I have ever seen are the reasons that I love the island. The people were patient when I tried to understand their dialect and we had many laughs at some of the things that I said, but everyone was patient and understanding with my spoken Spanish. My husband is not a traveler and he loved the island just as much as I did. I loved seeing children play games using imagination and toys like hula hoops instead of computers. I loved seeing my sponsored child's face light up when his father walked in the room. I enjoyed being welcomed into the family's home as if I were a special guest. What little they had, they wanted to share with us. If you need more, e-mail me. I would be happy to help you.

H

HT not to be confused with HB

I assume you have only computer arm-chaired your travels through the D.R., being that this is an educational project. There is much to say and see. To truly experience and understand the DR, you must see it and experience it first handed. Your question is very broad, but I would be happy to explain my opinions of the island. I have visited the DR since 87, most recent being dec.99. feel free to e-mail your inquiries. Regards

G

Ganon

I lived in the Dominican Republic for two years I experienced everything there is there. It is a wonderful country, if you have any more specific questions feel free to email me.

R

Roberto

Hi Gloria

I am Dominican
perhaps as Dominican would not be credible wen I tell you that compair to many others island that I have being on the Caribbean this is the best from all

but whoever I did not click on you post to advertise my country
but to better tell you that the only good way to know how my country are beside ore those wonderful thing that I have being reading that you got as answer from you tread
it should be better that you come by and experimented fore you own and then make you own balance of how the Dominican Republic are
as the others told you feel Free to E-mail me if you have A specifical question

Have A nice Day
Regards

Roberto