Looking for Beachfront Property

cdmotor

Apr 12, 2008
I am a developer from the US and am looking to build a 5-Star Townhome (approx 1,500) / Private Villa (approx 400) / Hotel (400-450 rooms) / and Resort w/2 Signature Golf Courses between the La Vacama and Bavaro / Punta Cana area. Looking for a piece of beachfront land anywhere between 1.5 million M2 and 4.0 million M2.

Must be permitted, have clean title, and be ready for building. Have already found 2 that are between $15 and $30 per M2.

We are an established developer, though not in the DR. We are teamed up with several companies, much in the same style as WATG (Cap Cana hotel designers) in that they are world class organizations on our project for design and architecture, as well as sales and marketing. Our hotel partner is the biggest in the world in terms of market share.

I have my associates in the DR looking for land and they tell me that La vacama cannot be accessed via modern roadway for at least 12-18 months, so we may need to look further south than La Vacama.

I am also new to this forum, and am interested in getting to know some folks in here, so HELLO to all :)

Just wondering if anyone has any input for my venture....seems as though there is a fairly friendly and open group on here....so, what do you think....can the DR sustain Cap Cana AND another venture (albeit much smaller) of the same quality at about 20-25% less in terms of price?

Any thoughts?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go see Carlos Slim, he just bought like 25 kilometers of beachfront, inthat area.

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
By the way, I was not kidding.

I seriously doubt that there is any beach front property in that area that is not privately owned. I will ask, as a favor to you, about this.

Cordially,

HB

cdmotor

Apr 12, 2008
any opinions would be welcomed....

and thank you for the welcomes.

HB, realizing that most (if not all) of the properties in those areas are privately owned, there are surely several of them for sale, no?

The listings are interesting. Some of the (I presume) "larger" brokers like Bruce Skelley, Tony van der Heijden, etc. all seem to list the exact same lots on their individual websites, which is a little confusing....

But whatever. We have been "dragged along" by a land owner for the last 6 months or so, with a property we saw last fall, but he didn't want to execute a contract then. We now realize that he just wanted to jack up the price on us, as he now knows we are the "real deal".

Funny, when I get played that way, I react poorly. I will pay someone else more now for their parcel rather than complete a deal with him.

Again, thank you for your replies, and all opinions are welcomed.

cdmotor

roks33

Jan 21, 2007
cdmotor,
In my opinion the zone you request land is overdone, but you for sure know this kind of things better.
I [would] invest in the Barahona-Enriquillo district because of the more profits etc.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Just wondering if anyone has any input for my venture....seems as though there is a fairly friendly and open group on here....so, what do you think....can the DR sustain Cap Cana AND another venture (albeit much smaller) of the same quality at about 20-25% less in terms of price?

Any thoughts?

There are actually several projects in this range, either existing, underway, or in developemnt...

in the Punta Cana Area: Roko Ki, Punta Perla, Punta Cana Club, etc.

La Romana: Casa de Campo, La Estancia, etc.

Juan Dolio: Costa Blanca...

North Coast: The "new" iteration of Atlantica in the west and Playa Grande to the east

Plus major plans in the works for Samana, Miches, eventually the Southwest/Barahona area, etc.

So...the market is certainly established, and possibly becoming saturated...tread carefully...maybe you want to start a little smaller...?

In addition the remaining large parcels of beachfront land in the eastern part of the country are notoriously difficult to purchase/close...

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Cdmotor, I have just seen your post about buying beachfront property. i thought you might like to take a look at the link below. Dominican Republic Error Page i had a look and they seem to have tons of beachfront real estate!

the company is really professional and really helped us when we were investing in the DR. they can also help you through the whole process from buying to building.

Quite a few bargains!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
It's a pity their staff have to spam DR1 to get business.
Maybe that will give you an insight into their business ethics.

If your serious about buying beach front real estate, send an email to Curt Erickson. He's well known and well respected.

Email: curt@dr1.com

Gracias!!!