Parrots where to buy?

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
Anyone know of a store or breeder of Parrots in the Dominican Republic? I would like to get one for my house

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do you want to see the insides of a Dominican jail.?? It is illegal to have a parrot, to buy or sell parrots. They are an endangered species and are not to be bought. Please do not contribute to the mess.

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Do you want to see the insides of a Dominican jail.?? It is illegal to have a parrot, to buy or sell parrots. They are an endangered species and are not to be bought. Please do not contribute to the mess.

HB
I've heard that, but see Macaws and Amazon parrots for sale along the Autopista in Saniago almost every time I go (former parrothead here...) .

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Trafficking in parrots is still illegal on the books. Yes, I see them do this as well. I only know of one instance where the 'law' was called in and in that situation there was extenuating circumstances ... Someone had something against the parrot seller. ;)

Anyway, there are very few parrots left in this country. I almost think it is a better thing to buy a few and breed a few to keep a few. Although I'd rather see them flying around in the wild.