Villalona is still hot in concerts.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was invited to see fernando Villalona on saturday at tribecca. sadly, the place didn't even get packed even for a super star like Villalona. Needless to say, he still performs well and has his audience follow him everywhere. I liked almost all of his songs, especially the old ones (mill anos, payaso, tobaco y ron etc). He is a true artist in my books who's voice has not deteriorated a bit over the years. He still performs with all the energy he had possessed even when he was young.
Incidentally, to my surprise, his singer was wearing indian/pakistani clothes. When i was introduced to the artist as friend / fan from pakistan, she instantly came to ask me about where she can buy the clothes in DR? I told her she could only buy them in NY, the closest place on her concert tour. I think they are going to NY in the end of this month and I will call her to tell her where she can buy some Indian clothes of her liking.
here are some pictures that I tried to take with my cell phone camera.
Sorry the quality sucks.
AZB

34qnwxz.jpg

jj20z4.jpg

SantiagoRocks69

Sep 6, 2006
Villalona is the King, unfortunately if you hold a Villalona concert next to an Omega concert, Omega will pack it but that's the sad state of Dominican merengue nowadays, its all street.:ermm:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I hate merengue callejera.
AZB

That just means you're getting old...haha

Villalona is definitely one of the top all time Dominican recording artists. Good thing he seems to finally be laying off the Cocaine and other hard drugs.

May 12, 2005
He is definitely a great show man who puts on a great performance. I just recently saw him here in NY back in February.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
"I was invited to see fernando Villalona on saturday at tribecca. sadly, the place didn't even get packed even for a super star like Villalona. AZB"

that's because everyone was at Dolce. Even Zoom was dead on Saturday night.

I have seen Fernandito before and he does put on a great show.