The View Of Santiago, Dominican Republic From A Rooftop

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
YouTube - SANTIAGO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KeBovsqUuLg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KeBovsqUuLg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

THE VIEW OF SANTIAGO, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC FROM A ROOFTOP IN GURABO DESCRIBING THE BEAUTIFUL AREA TO THE CURIOUS VIEWERS.... SANTIAGO IS VERY UNIQUE COMPARE TO OTHER PARTS OF DR... IT HAS EVERYTHING TO OFFER IMAGINABLE EXCEPT FOR A BEACH...JOSE REYES, MELKY CABRERA & JOSE LIMA ARE FEW OF THE MANY FAMOUS BASEBALL PLAYERS FROM THIS SECTION OF SANTIAGO,DR....RIP OFFICER SONIA GARCIA

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
yup, looks like santiago. always loved the mountains in the distance and the fresh breezes in the evening.

although it's been a few years since i lived there, whenever i go i'm still surprised that it feels as much like home to me as anywhere in the u.s. a lot of good memories.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Nice view. Only thing is you got your directions all backwards. It is pretty eveident you were in the Cerros de Gurabo area but where you were pointing and saying was the monument was actually Gurabo proper and the touristic highway. The monumnet actually shows just a little in the video and was on the opposite side of wjhat is clearly Pico Diego de Ocampo. I live just down the street avbout two mile in Los Llanos de Gurabo. You are saying that this area is exclusive, homes are very expensive.

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
I Didnt Say Exactly Where The Monument Was (i Dont Think) Just The Side That The Area Is On ....but I Was Right About Everything Else ....

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Actually, you were wrong about the airport too. The camera was actually pointing to Jacagua.

Also, where the camera was pointing when yoyu said this goes to La Vega, Bonao, and the capital was actually pointing towards the monument and San jose De La Matas and Haiti.

Sorry for the critique - no offense intended, I'm just an Engineer and it's my job to look at maps all day. Send me a pm and I'll email you a great map of Santiago with all of the streets on it.

ciao

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
U Sure About That .... I Said Those Were The Directions Because Thats The Directions I Use To Drive To Those Places ....where I Pointed To The Moneument With My Hand Thats The Direction I Go To Go To The Monument And La Vega And Bonao Etc.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I have to be subjected to some ghetto moron in a football uniform talking out of the side of his mouth, mangling the english language and to top it off he doesn't even know what he's talking about.

I'm getting sick of these stupid youtube videos. Not funny, not informative, just an annoying waste of bandwidth.

Can someone please delete this garbage already?

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
Nice video: Thanks for posting it.

Pay little mind to the critics, as they always try to bring others down to make themselves look and feel better. Don't allow their misery to deter you from doing what you do.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
WTF, I was about to say that Melky Cabrera is from Haina but in a respectful way, but when I see all those comment it makes me really think if people is bitter over their life or something... Nevermind it man.

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
I have to be subjected to some ghetto moron in a football uniform talking out of the side of his mouth, mangling the english language and to top it off he doesn't even know what he's talking about.

I'm getting sick of these stupid youtube videos. Not funny, not informative, just an annoying waste of bandwidth.

EXCUSE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NUMBER ONE FIRST THOSE WHO COMPLIMENTED THANKS AND THOSE WHO BACKED OFF THE HATERS EVEN MORE THANKS !!

SECOND HOW AM I GHETTO WHEN I HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE AND I HAVE A CORPORATE JOB AND YOUR GOING THRU DEPRESSION IN YOUR LIFE !!! AS THIS IS EVIDENT

THIRD IF YOU REALLY ARE DOMINICAN THEN YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT I POSTED THESE VIDEOS UP BECAUSE A LOT OF PEEPS THAT NEVER BEEN TO DR HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE IT WITH VIDEOS AND READ ABOUT IT HERE ...I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY U ARE ON THIS SITE 2 BEGIN WITH BITCH !!!!!

LASTLY, YOUR ARE A HATER IF NOT THEN YOU ARE NOT PROUD TO BE DOMINICAN CUZ AT LEAST SOMEONE IS PROUD FOR BEING ONE AND YOUR NOT !!!!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
EXCUSE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NUMBER ONE FIRST THOSE WHO COMPLIMENTED THANKS AND THOSE WHO BACKED OFF THE HATERS EVEN MORE THANKS !!

SECOND HOW AM I GHETTO WHEN I HAVE A COLLEGE DEGREE AND I HAVE A CORPORATE JOB AND YOUR GOING THRU DEPRESSION IN YOUR LIFE !!! AS THIS IS EVIDENT

THIRD IF YOU REALLY ARE DOMINICAN THEN YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT I POSTED THESE VIDEOS UP BECAUSE A LOT OF PEEPS THAT NEVER BEEN TO DR HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE IT WITH VIDEOS AND READ ABOUT IT HERE ...I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY U ARE ON THIS SITE 2 BEGIN WITH BITCH !!!!!

LASTLY, YOUR ARE A HATER IF NOT THEN YOU ARE NOT PROUD TO BE DOMINICAN CUZ AT LEAST SOMEONE IS PROUD FOR BEING ONE AND YOUR NOT !!!!

Don't insult my intelligence. I can tell a ghetto street rat from a mile away.

A college graduate who uses the word PEEPS and does not know how to spell bitch is not a college graduate. They don't have GEDs' for college, so how in the world did you get your degree?

And working in a mail room doesn't qualify as a corporate job. Do they let you where those football replica jerseys from Modells over your 3 piece suit?

And no, I'm not dominican, for your information. As if that makes any difference.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Berzin:

If this kid's harmless video bother's you so much, just ignore it. You seem to be on edge lately, is that unemployment check about to run out?

tambo'

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but opinions are like AXXHOLES everyone has got one. Lowest form of human intellect. You don't like the video don't watch it. It shows a visual panorama of a certain part of Santiago, that the majority of people haven't seen before, and you would prefer that he spell bitch how? Biatch. Get up on the wrong side of bed?

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Thanks for the video dude.

It really took me back to when I spent a month in Santiago back in 06. I stayed in an apartment building on Calle San Tome and my apartment didn't have hot water or AC. But I did have easy access to the roof. On nice days you could see all of Santiago and the surrounding mountains. And at night you could see the lights at Camp David.

One night i stood on the roof and watched a small concert being held in the nearby Altagracia building. It was also the place I'd go to smoke my cigars.

Your video reminds me how scenic Santiago can be from a high vantage and I am really missing it right now. Thanks for the memories.

Vince.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
3slyg.jpg

Nice video. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.