Visitor visa for the UK

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
There are many varying versions of "Bringing a Dominican boyfriend back to England" - which one did you have in mind? Visitors/holiday type visa, extended education visa, works visa, multi entry visa?

In very general terms HE (the boyfriend in this case) makes an application to the British Consulate or Embassy. This will need to be supported by a letter of 'Sponsorship' by someone who is capable & reliable enough to support him. Bank details, employment details will have to be supplied to show financial ability to support him for the period he is IN the UK.

The BOYFRIEND will have to show he has a solid work position here in the DR & needs to return at the end of his agreed term of the visa (be aware this is normally fairly difficult to PROVE). He should be able to demonstrate financial standing, a solid family background, a mature approach to life AND that he really WANTS to come back to the DR when the visa date expires.

IF everything stacks up & the Embassy does not see him as a 'flight risk once in the UK' he may be given a visa. It is the 'sponsor's' responsibility to ensure the applicant gets on to the plane back to the DR!!

For a FULL set of the official requirements that have to be met, ask the local British Consulate in Santo Domingo or Puerto Plata. Better still, go in to them (by appointment is best) with your boyfriend & get the 'Application Pack'.

For the time being I will refrain from giving you the Dominican Boyfriend's Laws/requirements ..:tired:.:surprised.:ermm:.. doubtless others will do it for me!;)! ~ Grahame

peteclaffey

Apr 30, 2006
From January 2008 applications for U.K visa can only be applied for on line ,visa4uk is part to the website address , I cant remember it all

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
This is/was the new link all about visas at the british embassy in Santo Domingo
http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1168350332874

However it now says it has been archived!!! if you go to the fco (foreign and commonwealth office) site and put in Dominican Republic you need a password and user name???

However this link

?Dominican Republic

takes you to the British embassy in Santo Domingo website and there it says

New UKVisa application process

From Friday 11 January, applicants can lodge their applications on-line via the Visa4UK online application. 11 January is also the last day for applications to be submitted under the current arrangements of the British Embassy in Santo Domingo. That is for applicants to come to the Embassy without an appointment to submit their entire application, pay the visa fee and give their fingerprints. However, after 11 January, applying on-line, as well as paying and making an appointment on-line, via the visa4uk online application will be the only way to apply for a UK visa.
And then you get forwarded to the Visa online site I posted above.

Clear as mud???? I think you download the papers online then get all your bits together, hand them in at the embassy then they send them to New York, then New York sends them back and then you go and pick up visa or not and do fingerprint.

I am sure it will take longer but who knows. Hope that helps.

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
There seem to be more sites than I have tarantulas in the house!!! Here is a bit off another one - seems you need a credit card now too

Visas

New arrangements for UK visa applications

From 11 January 2008, all United Kingdom applications will be processed by the British Consulate in New York under our new "Hub and Spoke" arrangement.
Applicants for UK visas must submit their applications on-line via the Visa4UK online facility. Applying on-line is the only way to apply for a UK visa. When applying on-line, you will also have to pay the fee by credit card and book an appointment to come to the Embassy to submit your papers and have your finger scans taken
There will be no changes to the way applications for Commonwealth or United Kingdom Overseas Territories are processed

For full details on application procedures, whether a Dominican or Haitian applying for a UK visa or a visa for a Commonwealth country or a UK Overseas Territory, please visit the World Bridge website at https://www.visainfoservices.com/. World Bridge offer Visa Information Services and are a division of Computer Sciences Corporation (NYSE: CSC), a leading global information technology (IT) services company. CSC is working with UKvisas to provide these services.

UKvisas manages more than 150 Visa-issuing offices around the world in UK embassies, high commissions and consulates, with entry clearance statistics indicating processing of more than 2.5 million Visa applications in 2005-2006.

I can already feel the stress coming on when applying for the next visa for my other half!!

Matilda

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
There seem to be more sites than I have tarantulas in the house!!! Here is a bit off another one - seems you need a credit card now too
Dimwit me ........ Yes Of COURSE it is being done via New York now!! I remember Bossman telling me this was coming 3 months or so ago! I wonder how soon 'Homeland Security' will take to get access to all GB applications??

I can already feel the stress coming on when applying for the next visa for my other half!!
Matilda

No chance of you being stressed out girl - you have got the DFU status alongside your name at the Embassy!!! :cheeky: ;) ~ Grahame.

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
fianc? visa

Does anyone know the laws of bringing a dominican boyfriend back to england?

thanks
UK Visa Home page
13.2 - Immigration conditions upon entry to the United Kingdom
A person holding an entry clearance as a fianc?(e)/proposed civil partner will initially be admitted to the United Kingdom for 6 months, with a prohibition on employment until after marriage/civil partnership. Once the marriage/civil partnership has taken place and after satisfactory completion of a probationary period (normally 24 months), set by the Home Office, indefinite leave to remain may be granted.