buying liquor!!!!!

AnnieInTheSky36

Feb 11, 2008
www.myspace.com
I want to bring alot of liquor back from DR when I go in may and I was wondering how much I could expect to pay for Brugal bottle!!! and what about mama juana mix? thank you all in advance. BTW I will be in the Punat cana area and I'm staying at the Barcelo punta cana !

Annie

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Unless you put it in your checked luggage, it will be confiscated by airport security.

So you are stuck buying it in the airport DUTY FREE shop for about 25% more than it should cost! Brugal Extra Viejo 750ml was $8 last I checked in the airport.

The mamajuana "might" be confiscated by customs in the US/CANADA if not mixed with booze, as it is considered agriculture!

tambo'

Last edited:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Unless you put it in your checked luggage, it will be confiscated by airport security.

So you are stuck buying it in the airport DUTY FREE shop for about 25% more than it should cost! Brugal Extra Viejo 750ml was $8 last I checked in the airport.

The mamajuana "might" be confiscated by customs in the US/CANADA if not mixed with booze, as it is considered agriculture!

tambo'

The "mamajuana" is an interesting one......if one departs to Canada from the DR, the mamjuana can be dry...but when flying to the US where the baggae is x-rayed prior to check in, it does in fact have to have some rum in it...go figure!!!;)

lacey

Mar 12, 2008
Last time I flew(March'08)-via the US-people on our flight had the mamajuana confiscated(not mixed) because it was considered agriculture.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Last time I flew(March'08)-via the US-people on our flight had the mamajuana confiscated(not mixed) because it was considered agriculture.

If you have a bottle of rum with you, just crack it open and add some to the dry mamajuana and you should be on your way!;)