Bavaro Road Map

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Since we will be eventually making our home on the east coast we are trying to familiarize ourselves with directions and where things are located.
Is there such a thing as a road map of the Bavaro area? I know there are no street signs but just an outline of some sort? or is it just point and go only:cheeky:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Don't worry, it's really not that hard to get around. There are only about 3 main roads in the whole area and everything important is located on them. The only time I get lost is when I go into one of the new residential areas that look like mazes... Now Higuey, that's another story!!

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
It should be simple

LOL, I just get confused every time I venture out even though its the same route!!
Higuey:chinese: You got that right! We were going to rent a car and drive ourselves the first time, I'm so glad we hired a cab driver, we would have had no clue where we were going.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Just to give you an idea, it took me about 1 year to finally get the guts to drive in Higuey and I still get lost every once in a while. And the motorcycles! Ay, dios!!! Punta Cana is heaven compared to Higuey...

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Glad its not just me

I'm glad its not just me, punta cana is tame compared to Higuey, thats for sure, I don't know how the cab driver even squeezed through on some of those streets!!
Thats a good map hlywud, it helps to understand direction, I just need to be be there more often !! We are there every 3 months from canada now so its all gotta click soon LOL