Anyone have a SDQ-Sanchez highway update?

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Hola!
We're planning our next trip to Las Terrenas and need to know if the new highway will be open for buses or taxis by late July?
Also, does anyone yet know the cost of a RT bus ticket?
Gracias-
Susan

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Toll Road

Hola!
We're planning our next trip to Las Terrenas and need to know if the new highway will be open for buses or taxis by late July?
I hear that taxis and guaguas are using the road already although it has not officially been opened yet.
Opened by late July?
One can only guess...
At the moment a RT bus fare is about 600.- RD$.

m'frog

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Hola!
Also, does anyone yet know the cost of a RT bus ticket?
Gracias-
Susan
1st of all,no RT tickets,all tickets are one way.Bus from SD to LT is 230 pesos one way,leaving at 8am,1130 am and 140 pm as well as 3pm,from bus station in corner of Caracas and Erenqillo...busses are now using some part of new highway,and has cut down trip by one to two hours.But
it is unpassable in some spots,as bridges are not finished...so if you do not know the country and the roads used now,take the bus...I take it almost every month to El LImon and it has been a pleasure to knock of some decent time ..it was 5 to 6 hours,now 4 or 5.The bus does not go to Las Americas hgwy entrance,it goes out towards new airport and then cuts over towards the new highway.
bob

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Still a dream?

Thanks for the responses--

So the "90 minute drive between SDQ and Sanchez" that I've been reading about is still but a dream? :ermm:

Susan

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Extreme caution should be exercised on the Santo Domingo-Samana highway, if it is that one that you are referring to. Recently, government officer Quilvio Cabrera was killed when his suv crashed into a cow on the road.

Will post here once we get updates on when the road will be safe to drive.
Otherwise, would not recommend anyone who is not experienced on it to drive, and even then, extreme caution should be taken.