Aparthotel/Hotel with Good Working Kitchen

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Would anyone know of an aparthotel or hotel in the capital that would have a decent workable kitchen in the rooms? I have promised someone that I would have a "cook-off" with her to compare my cooking skills with her's, with prizes to be named later. I have been in a few that advertised a kitchen but many times all that means is a microwave and a refrigerator. Others have had a stove top but no pans, pots, plates or utensiles. I am not looking for The Ritz just somewhere I could make some basic stovetop meals, maybe while naked.

Last edited:

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
a girl i volunteered with in santo domingo in february stayed at the hotel residence venezia on independecia for a week. she stayed in and cooked a lot of her meals. she had a full kitchen with (basic) pots and pans and utensils provided and as far as i know she never had any problems.

i dont know how much she paid but their website is prezioso hotel vicinissimo al centro coloniale ed al mare if you're interested.

good luck with the cook off!!

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Great Information

Thank you Sascha. I will contact them for more info as thier prices are not listed on thier website. I sent them an email but it was returned as "undeliverable". It may be the verizon/codetel issue that I have seen on afew emails.I may just call them. Another place I found by searching the forum was the Camilo House Aparthotel. Camilo House Apartments - Rates I'd like to get some direct feedback from anybody that has stayed there. Thanks again

RossW

Jun 21, 2007
www.MovingtoDR.com
You may want to check out Plaza Florida Suites. They have nice kitchens with a regular stove, pans, plates, etc (you have to ask them to bring you in a microwave if you want one). Their rooms are clean, 24 hr electricity, air, and wireless internet.

I'm not sure on the current prices, but believe they are comparable with the place you posted. (i.e. $70-80 per night)

They are located in La Esperilla. Check out their site at www.plazafloridasuites.com.do

Hope that helps

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Hotel Venezia

I stayed at the Hotel Venezia from 1/16-1/26. I got the suite with the balcony on the front of the building with the kitchen. It was a pretty good deal at $2500 pesos a night. It had a two burner stove that was sufficient to cook all my meals. If I needed any pans or kitchen equipment I just called the desk and they sent it up. A small refrigerator was fine for keeping all my stuff fresh. Dining on the balcony was a plus, though the room was noisy due to it being so close to the street. There was a well stocked La Cadena grocery store about 4-5 blocks away. The lack of an exhaust fan caused the smoke alarm to chirp several times and we attracted some comments (positive) about the aroma of my novia's sanconcho in the hallways. It was nice not needing to go out for every meal, though there is a small cafe on the first floor. A nice, well run hotel. http://www.residence-venezia.com/location.htm

Last edited:

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Aparhotel Turey

Does the Tury have a working kitchen? The little info I was able to find about it shows that it also has a pool. I have been looking for a place with a working kitchen and pool. Any idea as to prices?