Looking For German Shepard Pup in Sosusa

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcnalice1

Nov 25, 2007
Hello All,

My wife and I are loking to buy a male German Shepard pup, as close to a purebreed as possibe and we live in Sosusa.

Not much luck in the pet store between Sosusa and CBT.

If anyone knows of any or who we could call, it would be greatly appreciated.

;)

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Hopefully Soon

.... loking to buy a male German Shepard pup, as close to a purebreed...
If all goes well, we'll have German shepard puppies by the middle of next month.
The bitch has papers, the male does not.
Both parents are excellent watchdogs and have very good characters.

2vd2ydw.jpg

mountainfrog

Last edited:

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
If all goes well, we'll have German shepard puppies by the middle of next month.
The bitch has papers, the male does not.
Both parents are excellent watchdogs and have very good characters.

2vd2ydw.jpg

mountainfrog

Mountainfrog,
How old will the pups be when you will release them...I will be in the DR permanently in August. I want a dog who will grow to be big as I will be living by myself with my children...just as a little visual deterrent to anyone who will be having any "special" thoughts about visiting me uninvited!
I was thinking about bringing one from here (the USA) but so much hassle...you know.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
really really really beautiful ;)

Lol Leekiv....should I put a forth one in there!!

the male is a big handsome boy...very nice looking dogs! how is their temperament? do they like water/swimming? How many pups do you think you will have?

Congrats on the first litter!!

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Gsd

... how is their temperament? do they like water/swimming? How many pups do you think you will have? Congrats on the first litter!!

@all
Thank you for your comments.
Gracias
aoqgxs.jpg

The bitch is very lively and only two years old.
The male is nine years old and of course much more settled.
Neither is aggressive or vicious and they are very good with (our) children.
They alarm us by barking on every unknown sound and we trust them to be our watchmen day and night.

Although they are not allowed in our pool, I do know (from former incidents... ;) ) that they like to be in water.
I have no idea how many pups to expect and I'd rather not count them until they are born...

mountainfrog

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
@all
Thank you for your comments.
Gracias
aoqgxs.jpg

I have no idea how many pups to expect and I'd rather not count them until they are born...

mountainfrog

Understandable...

If you don't mind me asking, how much do dogs such as these go for? I havent seen many breeds, only once in La Romana i saw a Rotti.. I felt bad for him, he was a big healthy boy from whay i could see.. but poor fella, he couldnt stop itching!!

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Do?a L.

... how much do dogs such as these go for?
From some ads I know that a going rate is around 25,000 RD$.

I paid almost the same amount for our female dog but would have paid even more to free her from that small (approx. 4' x 4') dark cinder block hut where she was kept.
She was shy when she arrived on our finca but has turned into a very useful dog.
The previous owner never came to visit her. :disappoin

mountainfrog

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
They are beautiful

What are their weights and height at the shoulders?

I would be interested in buying one.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
From some ads I know that a going rate is around 25,000 RD$.

I paid almost the same amount for our female dog but would have paid even more to free her from that small (approx. 4' x 4') dark cinder block hut where she was kept.
She was shy when she arrived on our finca but has turned into a very useful dog.
The previous owner never came to visit her. :disappoin

mountainfrog

Well she's got a wonderful owner/s now...she looks like a Queen! And from what i can see in the background...it's absolutely beautiful!! She looks very proud of her surroundings.

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Hotel Playa Palenque

I recently stayed at the Hotel Playa Palenque in Palenque about an hour from the capital and Peter there had just gotten 2 beautiful German Shepperd pups. The web site is in german but he and his wife speak spanish and he may be able to direct you to a source if your other options don't pan out. The number is (809) 243-2525. Hotel Playa Palenque - Dominikanische Republik

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Sorry, I would not know the weights... no scales.
The male is a heavy guy, rather heavy indeed. The bitch is much lighter, but getting heavier each day now... :classic:
Heights: 69 cm (M); 63 cm (F)

mountainfrog

I think you could describe them as a bit of a 'perfect pair' then who will produce even more perfect pups - bet you won't want to rehome any of them when the time comes :cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.