Opening A Us Dollar Account In D.r.

RAMSES13

Jul 16, 2007
HI EVERYONE! I WANT TO OPEN A US DOLLAR ACCOUNT IN A DOMINICAN BANK CAN ANYONE GIVE ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS?HOWS THE PROCESS.WHICH BANKS? THANK YOU.:glasses:

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
BanReservas (or banco de reservas) is the easiest to deal with. i have a USD account with them and all that was needed to open it was my passport. Banco Popular wanted million other things. the way the process works is simple, you tell them you want a USD account, they take a copy of your passport and send it to Santo Domingo to investigate if you have any criminal record, i was told they also contact your embassy to check your record, i was told the reason was to fight money-laundering. the whole process takes about two weeks, they'll tell you they'll call you back but you have to follow up yourself, if everything is OK they open the account and you're in business.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Like most things in the DR, if you know the right people, opening a dollar account is easy.

If you don't, it can be a pain in the a$$!

If it's business related, send me a PM and I can make your life easier if you deal with Banco Popular.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
HI EVERYONE! I WANT TO OPEN A US DOLLAR ACCOUNT IN A DOMINICAN BANK CAN ANYONE GIVE ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS?HOWS THE PROCESS.WHICH BANKS? THANK YOU.:glasses:

With Banco Santa Cruz I just had a realtors business card and a bank reference

mike.n.amy

Jun 4, 2007
We opened an account with only a passport at Banco Leon in Sosua. The "two week" rule of thumb turned out to be about 45 days - even with checking in at the bank each week. :) They do have a decent online banking system so you can check accounts online and it's the same procedure whether you open an account in USD or pesos. No euro accounts yet - though they say they're working on that option for the "future".

cotu?sano

Feb 26, 2008
www.selikor.com
Euro account

We opened an account with only a passport at Banco Leon in Sosua. The "two week" rule of thumb turned out to be about 45 days - even with checking in at the bank each week. :) They do have a decent online banking system so you can check accounts online and it's the same procedure whether you open an account in USD or pesos. No euro accounts yet - though they say they're working on that option for the "future".

Banco Popular in Cotu?, passport and a Euro 500 minimum deposit opens your Euro account, that's it.