weather in Puerto Plata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
I heard it was raining the past couple of days....what is the weather like today....anyone know what the longterm forecast is? I am hoping for sunshine!! Every time I look at the weather network for Puerto Plata, it shows rain.....even when I'm told there isn't a cloud in the sky.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
I heard it was raining the past couple of days....what is the weather like today....anyone know what the longterm forecast is? I am hoping for sunshine!! Every time I look at the weather network for Puerto Plata, it shows rain.....even when I'm told there isn't a cloud in the sky.

Right now in Puerto Plata (it's 11:38 a.m.) the sun is shining and the sky is beautifully blue. There is a chance of showers later. The rest of the weekend looks like it will be sunny and bright as well. But of course, this can all change (hopefully not as my sister is arriving today for a week of vacationing and visiting with me).

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
lol trabajdora

Right now in Puerto Plata (it's 11:38 a.m.) the sun is shining and the sky is beautifully blue. There is a chance of showers later. The rest of the weekend looks like it will be sunny and bright as well. But of course, this can all change (hopefully not as my sister is arriving today for a week of vacationing and visiting with me).

Unless of course she is like my sister, then I would want it to rain so I could splash her with a puddle;) lol just kidding have a great visit

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Unless of course she is like my sister, then I would want it to rain so I could splash her with a puddle;) lol just kidding have a great visit

Thanks, I hope to have a good visit with her. She's very hard to please and has been coming to the DR since 1993. But I think for some personal reasons, she really doesn't like it here very much anymore. Last year it poured raining every single day she was here (the Gods don't like ugly) and she was miserable. I think the only reason she's coming here this time is because with a timeshare it's such a hassle to change your vacation spot, and also to see me. I'm going to do my best to help her have a good time this year.

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
o ok

Thanks, I hope to have a good visit with her. She's very hard to please and has been coming to the DR since 1993. But I think for some personal reasons, she really doesn't like it here very much anymore. Last year it poured raining every single day she was here (the Gods don't like ugly) and she was miserable. I think the only reason she's coming here this time is because with a timeshare it's such a hassle to change your vacation spot, and also to see me. I'm going to do my best to help her have a good time this year.

Well that settles that then.:glasses: If it rains the entire time she is there this time then you know it is because she does not like it there so my thought is to "throw" her in a puddle:cheeky: Just kidding. I am sure rain or not you can find many fun and interesting things to do. Have a great one.;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
to the OP - check out the Puerto Plata weather thread. I post on a regular basis.

Stop looking at those other sites with long term forecasts - it will just depress you. If there is the possibility of a rain shower anywhere on this damn island - they will call for rain!

It is hot and sunny and will hopefully stay that way. BUT if you want to guarantee good weather - bring me chocolate......;)

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Prayers answered

What? I have been praying for rain here!!! :cheeky:
It's been almost 2 months that I have been praying.

Seriously, sorry to hear of the wet experience that your family member went through. As most full-timers of the DR know rainy season comes and goes. Sometimes not at all. One day it'll pour, only to be followed by sunshine.
Don't let the weather get you down.
Forecasted weather reports, I find are inaccurate anyways. Unless it's a major event.
In the summertime you will see "chance of thunderstorms" everyday, but yet in reality it could be a drought.
Take planners advice and check out the Puerto Plata weather report on DR1.

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
chocolate...lol!

to the OP - check out the Puerto Plata weather thread. I post on a regular basis.

Stop looking at those other sites with long term forecasts - it will just depress you. If there is the possibility of a rain shower anywhere on this damn island - they will call for rain!

It is hot and sunny and will hopefully stay that way. BUT if you want to guarantee good weather - bring me chocolate......;)

From one chocolate lover to another, where do I drop it off?! It rained for 6 straight days on my last holiday...if only I had known the secret was taking chocolate for Planner.....why didn't someone share that little tidbit with me??? lol;)

Status
Not open for further replies.