Anyone know??

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Anyone know of the "Sunrise" development in the hill of POP near the cable car?

I met a guy last time ( from UK ) who is intending to build a large area on the edge of the mountin in POP?

Any ideas?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I've not heard anything about that. Unfortunately we often here of "projects" that never happen.

If I hear anything, I will post it.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
From what I know it is a proposed 750 home building development. Now, I know the land somewhat and can't visualize that many houses on that particular ridge. 2nd Dimensional drawings are wonderful, but in reality there's no way for that many buildings. The land is just too steep, too much bedrock. Drainage is going to be a huge, HUGE problem.
They plan on total solar for power, there own water supply. This is the latest I know. The main road is currently being put in, if not finished.
This is a beautiful chunk of real estate full of mature fruit trees, amazing view and there are caves on the property.
There is also talk of a club house, pools, maybe restaurant, shop/s?
I even know that they are fabricating there own building blocks now.
This is a very large project, I just hope these guy's did there homework on this type of "resort", especially in the middle of the campo.
Great people, great idea (for the right person who enjoy's investing in a gated community), great location.
Like many other projects I have witnessed get off the ground, I hope to maybe see this one materialize with better success. The BIG question is how far will it make it?

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
That will be the place then.
The guy I met was a Brit and was pretty sure that this project would happen – He gave the impression that it was his money – however he gave me the impression that he perhaps – although of nice character – didn’t necessarily have what it takes to make this work.
That said – what do I know – and of course wish all the best of luck to them.

I personally feel that the big hill there is too windy for a “posh” development.
I love Billy Lane – and he has a great place with great food and an awesome view – however I couldn’t bring myself to buy there due to the “cool breeze”. On the other hand I have a friend who is determined to buy there because of the cool breeze!

Come on Lambada – there must be a web link for this somewhere!

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
I don't know of Billy Lane???
The proposed plan of 750 sites, again is not going to happen. They know that. Yes they are European (UK) and from what "vibes" I got from speaking with the one guy he is good natured and has good intention's. From what I understood there are 4 partners. I did get some other information, from a third party who also meet these guy's and rumor has it one man put up $250,000,000 of his own loot. Now I know that sounds unreal, I too take this with a grain of salt. But, with that kind of financial resourses it may be while before the money runs out. We will see how it developes. I will actually be in that neck of the neighborhood this afternoon and will drop in, ask some questions and let them know that there has been an inquiry to a website address and/ or other information asked. I am quite sure I will get more info, they have many homesites to sell. I also remember one man saying that with-in 6-months of purchasing a lot the owner must begin building.

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Was this Brit called John? I met him too. Told me all kind of wild stories like he bought part of Cofresi Beach, bought all of Long Beach, and is building an Eco Resort on 120 acres. He doesn't even speak Spanish.

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Was this Brit called John? I met him too. Told me all kind of wild stories like he bought part of Cofresi Beach, bought all of Long Beach, and is building an Eco Resort on 120 acres. He doesn't even speak Spanish.

Thats the one. I also met him on Cofresi beach!
He did mention an Eco resort - i had forgotten that bit.

Shame about the web site as the project sounded exciting - the figure i was never told - but thats a lot of money!

I was only interested as it sounded quite exciting and one of his partners is in the same line of business as me.......... never know - i may get to live their earlier than planned!

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Sunrise development is currently working on a new website. They are busy working on infrastructures. If anyone has questions or interest in this new project feel free to call them. Sites are selling and everything is continuing to move forward. Call or email at the number/ address provided by the Virginian in the post #9 above.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
The access road has it's substrate down and is drivable. For power, I was told it's going to be all solar, contracted through someone in the U.K. How this is going to be done or how it will work, I don't know.
Water system. They claim they have much "tappable" resources on the property. I certainly know that when it rains, that chunk of land becomes a massive river in the center valley.....That's why I think drainage will be a huge problem.
As for legal permissions? Have not a clue. The money that has been brought up for the initial investment should be plenty to pay their way if needed.
This is a project that I can somewhat forecast to linger on.
It's one thing to be a professional developer with skills and experience to undertake such a vision. It's a whole 'nother ballgame to have tons of money and want such a development.
Personally.... I think these guy's are in > way over their heads. But, that's just me :)

yomaira

Apr 28, 2008
Sunrise

If somebody is interesting to know some more info about sunrise, please let me know, pm me or send me a message, i will give u the all info about it.