Trained Companion/Security Dogs.

lasalsa

Apr 9, 2008
Hello All,

Question: Is there such a service in D.R. that offers Companion dogs, trained and for adoption for family and personal security throughout D.R.? Other than that "Come Hombre" type.

With the "Security" concerns there, I would think a company like that will be a great asset to our lovely country. Still, the way some of us dominicans look at dogs (should be chained out back and loose at night, and bark), it will be hard to always have a "perro del diablo" loose and living with you indoors.

I would like for my Parents that will be moving back to D.R. "de retiro" soon, the option of having a "Companion/Security" dog that can accompany them wherever.

I've had dogs all my life and know that they will give their life for you if need be. It's just that my parents seen to think that a dog will "protect" them (if properly trained by someone else).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
I like the idea.

I just do not know what kind of premium you could get. I assume it would take many hours to train the dog then the owner.

One important thing is the dog can not eat anything other than what the owners give it.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a company in Santo Domingo that offers this service and there are at least two posters here on DR1 that have dogs that are trained in this area. Be patient, they should turn up soon.

HB

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
There is a company in Santo Domingo that offers this service and there are at least two posters here on DR1 that have dogs that are trained in this area. Be patient, they should turn up soon.

HB

5 months and counting

Second weekend of september is the national championship Belgian ring, for which i'm trying to qualify and then it is of to the DR with my dogs.
102_0136.jpg

102_0123.jpg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
See? this is one of the people I was talking about....those are Malinois that he trains...

Good luck in the ring!!

HB

lasalsa

Apr 9, 2008
5 months and counting

Second weekend of september is the national championship Belgian ring, for which i'm trying to qualify and then it is of to the DR with my dogs. "

Sweet!. Trained in DR, or out? Is the show in DR too? Only Malinios' website?

Last edited: