Going back to the DR for a visit finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
My husband (Dominican) and I (Canadian) and our new born son Kayden, are going to Dominican Republic for 3 weeks to visit the family. After both of us being in Canada for 1year now and our son is now 6weeks old we are going to vacation just the three of us visiting the inlaws;his family.

Its amazing, we been together 4years now, I lived in his country with him for 2years and now we been living in Canada now for one year and we have a son, and a car, and great jobs, and everything we ever could ask for, and all we really miss is Dominican Republic. :)

We are hoping to see if there is any property for sale in Rio San Juan for us to invest in. And relax while we are there. We will be there for 3weeks not long enough though :)
Get this my husband said if I wanted to I could live there while on Maternity leave while he works here in Canada and he will send me $$$ HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
I want to thank all the poeple who have helped me through the past years wtih information of DR. That is you MommC and others who know who they are!!
Well time to start packing for our trip :) I am more excited then my husband he LOVED our Canadian winter and the ICE FISHING :)

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
what a great story...have a wonderful vacation!! what did he think of the ice cracking horrible sound during fishing?? still scares the crap outta me to this day!!

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
what a great story...have a wonderful vacation!! what did he think of the ice cracking horrible sound during fishing?? still scares the crap outta me to this day!!

That is sooooooooooo Funny.. scares the crap out of me too!! I was pregnant this winter so I only went once when i was 8monthspregnant and i freaked out..
As for my husband nothing scares him he says HE liked hearing it, he thought it was so neat driving on the ice, he would call his family every week saying how he went fishing on the ice and drove on the lake with a car
He went ice fishing almost every day with my grandfather after work, and on weekends....
Where abouts do u ice fish in Canada?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
we have a few lakes in Kananaskis Country, near Banff National park...I live very close to the Rocky Mountains.. sounds like your hubby has adjusted nicely! thats awesome!!

COROLLA24

Apr 11, 2004
community.webshots.com
OUT OF CURIOUSITY
When we lived there it cost 60pesos from Puerto Plata to Rio San Juan on guagua.. Does anyone know how much it cost now?
Also how much does a JUMBO Presidente cost?
Thanks

slas7713

Aug 9, 2004
Rio San Juan Land

Corolla,

We have a small resort just outside of Rio San Juan and we also do a little local real estate biz on the side since we've made many friends and connections in the area over the last several years. Most of what we know of is in the Rio San Juan area. If you want to PM me and give me specifics we might be able to point you to some places to check out. I'll also give you some general info on our business if your interested but I didn't want to appear to be advertising on the site.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.