ArmorAll products in Sosua/POP?

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
does anyone know where i could buy ArmorAll (or other brand name) products in Sousa/POP area? i'm most interested in leather treatment creams, but also in wet-wipes, tire-shine sprays and things like that. i like to pamper my car ;). thanks.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Have you checked the larger Playero supermarket in the back right corner of the store with their car care items? I know even in La Rosa (small grocery store in Cabarete) I have bought car leather care lotions and potions including some U.S. brand names.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They might have some of the products in the tire store just before the Texaco on the right coming from Cabarete.

If not, in PP there are a few stores that should have them on the road to Santiago after the circle. A short distance after the turn on your right, I do not know the names, but I am pretty sure you can find a lot there.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I know that's NOT Puerto Plata or Sosua, but I just bought some ArmorAll stuff at 8-A in Santiago, they had a pretty good selection.
I've also seen some of the "Auto Adorno" places have some of the type of stuff... occasionally . There is a rather well equipped one on the POP bypass road, between Banco Popular and super market Jose Luis, on the South side.

... J-D.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
If you are in Sosua, try "Auto Adorno" on the right side of the highway heading east out of Sosua just past El Choco Restaurant.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I just use those greasy noodles from the chinese restaurant, they have the same effect as ARMOR ALL and cost less!

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
thanks for your replies. playero has very limited selection when it comes to car stuff. they have some "car shampoo" that i use to wash my car, but it's nothing special, i doubt if it's much different that a regular hair shampoo. asked a few small shops but none had anything good. will check the place in POP next time i'm in that area. thanks.

doing market research? i doubt high-end stuff would sell well here. i don't see many guys willing to pay 500+ RD just for a tire shine spray when they can get the whole car washed for a 100. ;)