Excursions in/around Punta Cana

Snadlysgirl

Apr 21, 2008
Hi there,
My husband and I are going to the Excellence resort in Punta Cana 6/25-7/6 and I would like to see some attractions other than what the resort offers. Can you guys suggest some places that shouldn't be missed? Although we love the AI route, I would still like to get a feel for the country and Its people. Anything you suggest would be greatly appreciated!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check out the Welcome Punta Cana guide authored by the editorial director of dr1.com

See link at Punta Cana - Dominican Republic

The guide lists many of the excursions offered by tour operators to tourists staying in the area. Of course, many of these can be done by tourists themselves, without booking the excursion. More time would be needed to be allotted, and in most cases, it would be best to rent a car.

Soles-Morena

Apr 14, 2008
wich tour operator are u flying with? find out, usually you have a rep , who will offer you many excursions, you are supposed to meet him or her the next day in the morning of your arrival. But i would suggest definitley as excursion Saona Island, Bavaro Runners( if u wanna find out about the dominican cultoure in a fun way) & marinarium wich is one of the funnest excursions where you get to swim with the sharks and stingrays, visit a natrual pool and party on the boat as you make coco loco and drink yourself silly, if u have any questions pm me

Snadlysgirl

Apr 21, 2008
wich tour operator are u flying with? find out, usually you have a rep , who will offer you many excursions, you are supposed to meet him or her the next day in the morning of your arrival. But i would suggest definitley as excursion Saona Island, Bavaro Runners( if u wanna find out about the dominican cultoure in a fun way) & marinarium wich is one of the funnest excursions where you get to swim with the sharks and stingrays, visit a natrual pool and party on the boat as you make coco loco and drink yourself silly, if u have any questions pm me

We are with GoGo Tours. I am afraid that they will only show us what they think the "Gringos" :classic: want to see! I am however, a little nervous to travel by ourselves as I am told that The Excellence is pretty far out there and I would hate to get lost. I am all for drinking myself silly though! :cheeky:
Thanks for the replies...I am going to start researching those.