DR1 Best Dominican Republic Source

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
I vote for DR1 as the best information source in/and about the DR. Not only do the admin./mod's do an awesome job on this site, but we have the best of the best who are poster's. Our poster's offer a wide range of knowledge and years worth of advice. People surf the web all over the world and when it comes to anything about the DR , they come to DR1 to get their information. Just look at the numbers on the forum front page- over 41 000 members,65 000 + threads and almost 592 000 posts.;) Awesome. :cool:

So hands down DR1 is the best of the best.

DR1- Often Imitated-Never Duplicated.

Who could ask for anything more.;)

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
No one has anything to add..............

As to their ideas why DR1 is the best? I am shocked !!:surprised

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Easily the best for the DR. Found out about it from a thread on Lonely Planet. I have visited quite a few sites for researching trips but this is the only one I actually became an active member and stayed. I came here looking for a travel site and stayed for the community. The only thing I would say that I don't get as much from DR1 that do get from some other sites is more regular participation by locals who live in country. While this is by no means has anything to do with the people who run the site, active locals that aren't expats add an interesting perspective that even Dominicans abroad that visit regularly can't provide. That said, there is great value here.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
One of the reasons DR1 is in high demand is because DR1 is the only informative website out there with a wealth of knowledge and wisdom. When searching anything Republica Dominicana related, DR1 has it covered. This is unique, in terms of information, concerning any independent country.
DR1 has my vote.