English novel exchange...

nsangoma

Jan 21, 2004
Greetings... Does anyone know of a place in Santo Domingo or San Pedro de Macoris (or somewhere in between) where a person can exchange English language novels, etc? I have a lot of novels I will not read again - and am interested in getting my hands on some others... Any suggestions???

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The Helen Kellogg Library in Santo Domingo has a large selection of second hand books as well as a lending library - they accept donations as well as selling them at a low price (about RD$20 per book). There is also an English-speakers book club - if you send me a private message with your e-mail address I can put them in touch with you.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I live in Juan Dolio between Santo Domingo and San Pedro and have loads of english novels which I would love to exchange. pm me if interested

Matilda

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
There is a very extensive english speaking book library at the charity library Anacoanda in Las Terrenas.If anybody wants to know exactly where let me know.

samsbar

Jun 30, 2005
english book exchange

We have a book exchange at Sam's Bar & Grill, Puerto Plata' Bring one, take one. JOANNE

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
I have many English books for our family of avid five readers. We live in Juan Dolio as well. Most of the books I'll LOAN you (our two younger kids may need some in the future); some I'll trade/swap. Just PM me. Our interests range from historical fiction novels to sci-fi/fantasy to crime/csi and medical investigation. We also have a pretty decent number (my husband would say EXCESSIVE) of non-fiction including biographies. One of the only categories we don't have many in is the romance novel (I live with 4 males.)

Last I knew, the Freedom Bar & Grill still had a book exchange. They are located in New Juan Dolio across from the Barcelo Capella hotel.