Ranked 4th in the World

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
DR is a great source of baseball players and hookers. ... cigars are a distance third!!!!!!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This is pure BS. If anyone who has traveled the world knows damn well, the #1 hookers in the world are russians, yet there is no mention of them in the article.
Boooooo
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If you do travel the world, you will notice that DR hookers are only in a few countries as compared to Russians, they are everywhere. In most countries, people don't even know who dominicans are, let alone know a hooker from there. I don't know where these people get their statistics from.
AZB

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
yes, quite a few russians, but mostly women from the much poorer sister states of the former soviet union, ukraine, moldavia, romania, czechoslavakia (although an independent republic their strings were pulled in moscow). so even though these girls speak russian they are not really russian, former soviets yes, russians no.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Come on folks some are surprised at this ranking.....the only reason the Dominican Republic is fourth is because its a country of only 9.4 million people. If the island's population was comparable to Thailand or Brazil it would probably rank higher. All very sad, and that pesky problem of poverty has a lot to do with this.

To those that don't know there is an article right here in DR1 about prostitution.

http://www.dr1.com/articles/prostitution.shtml

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Is it calculated on the total number of prostitutes or as percentage of the country's population?

Feb 7, 2007
yes, quite a few russians, but mostly women from the much poorer sister states of the former soviet union, ukraine, moldavia, romania, czechoslavakia (although an independent republic their strings were pulled in moscow). so even though these girls speak russian they are not really russian, former soviets yes, russians no.

Nor Czechs nor Slovaks (and nor Romanians) are Soviets. The vast majority of people younger than 35-40 from there has not even travelled to Russia, much less speak Russian. I have yet to see a young Pole, Slovak or Czech or Hungarian to speak Russian.

The prostitutes you are referring to are hardly from non-former-USSR states (such as Czech Rep., Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria). Differentiate, please, between fromer USSR states and former USSR-alliad states. Cuba, is also former USSR-alliad state.

Oh, btw, most these former non-USSR states alliad with USSR (or as you call them "sister states" --- they were actually called "satellite states") were much richer than the USSR and Moscow (and not poorer). They were called "The West of Soviet Empire", especially Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, DDR (German Democratic Republic - East Germany), Poland and Hungary.

The conclusion: It's the Russian and former-USSR prostitutes that are all around the world and that's what AZB wanted to say. Also, have you been to Europe? All Europe, especially Spain, Holland, and Germany is full of them.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2006
If this is based on pure numbers, then I call BS. There are far more Romanians working in prostitution in Europe than any nationality.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
First the DR became part of the exclusive list of having one of the most contaminated cities in the world (haina), now this? Whats next? es palante que vamos!! jejejej.

(and i believe the romanians take the cake for hos from the former USSR)

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Romania was never part of the USSR as correctly pointed out upstairs by rubio_higuey.

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
the one point i have to argue with this article is what is classified as "dominicans". specifically in central america a good majority of ladies that say they are from the DR are really haitian ladies that either got to the DR illegally or purchased some hair and some makeup and say they are dominican.
i can tell you from experience columbia, panama, costa rica, nicaragua and honduras all have so called dominican prostitutes that are not dominicans.
russian ladies don't do anything for me so i'll step aside and let the experts argue that point...

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I agree with the Romanian comment, as I see them everywhere there's a strip club (Canada, US, etc). Even with the population of Romania being twice that of The DR I would dare bet there are more than 100,000 Romanians involved in the sex trade.

Regardless this is a problem that has to do mostly with poverty...

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
I think that this CEAPA study is not professional enough and very shallow.

They calculated only quantity without any consideration to quality. Thus only due to this methodological deficiency Dominican ladies missed a higher position than they would deserve otherwise.

Also I very much agree with some prior posters that women from the former Soviet Union also deserve to be within the elite both appearence and performance wise. But they are not even mentioned among the top group without any justification.

So, I wouldn`t take results of the study too serious. They do not seem convincing.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"this Is An Outrage"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say we all need to do "Whatever-It-Takes" to bring these poor women back "HOME"!
I for one am willing to state right now,right here,that I am willing to do all that I can to help to support them when they get here!!!!!
Just imagine................50,000 plus more,"on top of" the million already here?????????:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:
I could be getting laid for 300 pesos,not 400!
AZB just likes "Russians" because Dark men,like white women!
If you turn off the lights,they are all the same!
Except Dominicanas have Huge Ass's and the "Ruskies" have NO Ass's
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Gee it's PINK in here!

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Well, there's a saying "Don't believe everything you hear or read," HOWEVER, in this case there may be something factual behind this article (and the commentary that follows it.) IF the 4th place statistic IS based on population rates (# prostitutes/population of the country) the DR has a VERY high rate compared to the more populous nations--including the former Soviet block nations.

This comes back to the lack of respect for women (other than for sex, cleaning and babies), and lack of both investment in girls and opportunities for girls. One of my favorite sayings is "Educate a man, and you educate a man, but if you educate a woman, you educate an entire family."