Remembering April 24th. 1965

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
For those in Puerto Plata

The Puerto Plata section of the Fundacion Francisco Alberto Caama?o had its doors wide open this morning & exhibits out on the street - photos of the Revolution, pasted on yellowing paper with bits of sticky tape, newspaper cuttings of the time etc. But these rather badly preserved treasures are not the richest posessions of the Fundacion. The guys there are walking volumes of history and they will tell you so many stories about the Revolution. I had the privilege of meeting the man who commanded the revolutionaries in the province of Puerto Plata. He is 77 now with an amazing recall. Wish I could have stayed longer. For those who want to find out about history from one of the participants, yet who don't speak Spanish.........this man speaks English (he lived in US for 27 years post revolution). Absolutely fascinating - I'll be going back soon.

The Fundacion is on Calle Duarte, between Amber Museum & Parque Central and just round the corner from Telecable in Padre Castlellanos.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Thanks Lambada for the wonderful information. Afterall this IS the history of Puerto Plata.

49erman.............Doesn't surprize me to see you in the RED

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
I half agree with you- no, the DR is a great place to visit, Punta Cana and the north coast are great. Santo Domingo is not. But for living here, the risks/ problems don't balance out for the rewards. If it works for you, more power to ya.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
This is wonderful information. It is beyond me how anyone could be rude enough to post - yawn. If it doesn't interest you - move on.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
...... And pay attention & learn from historical data - it will serve you well on the perilous road ahead (as the heroes of 24th April 1965 proved!). ~ Grahame.