apology

lacey

Mar 12, 2008
I post this to apologize to the current owners of Jolly Rogers. It was not our intent to cause any problems for anyone. We are sorry for any misunderstandings. We put out the questions on the past thread (new arrivals) to get ideas from those whom we see may be more knowledgeable than us, certainly not to insult or cause problems for the current owners.

J

John Evans

I dont see any need for apologies - is there a problem somewhere

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I post this to apologize to the current owners of Jolly Rogers. It was not our intent to cause any problems for anyone. We are sorry for any misunderstandings. We put out the questions on the past thread (new arrivals) to get ideas from those whom we see may be more knowledgeable than us, certainly not to insult or cause problems for the current owners.

Very nice of you but if the current owners were 'insulted' or had a problem caused them couldn't they have contacted you privately to sort this out? I noticed they posted a 'we're still here' on the other thread & it looks like they joined DR1 today just to do that. I'm presuming you lacey will be paying current owners money for this business........ so I would have thought everyone would have wanted to remain on good terms in case there were any last minute hiccups? I mean.............you can always buy another bar, can't you?

But it offers a a good understanding of entry to part of the expat world in Sosua ;). I say 'part', not all. I don't know any of the parties involved, neither you nor the current owners, but to a total outsider this looks like Bruised Egos All Inclusive :laugh:. Or maybe you made a public announcement that it was changing hands before the vendors were ready to? No big deal I wouldn't have thought but it may not be the last time you encounter that sort of a reaction after you get here. Just a heads up & of course a welcome to your new country, warts 'n all. :)

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
i agree.............

With John and Lambada. I think you did nothing wrong in trying to find out what people want. That is a smart way to do business, as you had no insult or barring on current establishment. IMHO you are on a great path. Best to you,;)

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Good Location

Lacey I wish you all the best on your new venture.
Dios mio, hope you ditch the damn neon lights immediately, the most annoying lighting, even though they've been toned down from their initial phase. All the best to Nikki and Jodi as well, we've had some good musical nights there. Suerte a todos.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Business is business.
This island is small, this forum can even make this small island seem smaller.
There has been a lot of good things said, in concerns of your new business ideas.
I did not read anything derogatory towards the owners of the "establishment", but if there was, than I can only hope that they take it as "hint", if there was something wrong or perhaps something that could have been better, upgraded, cleaned or done away with.
As like Lambada, I too do not know the parties involved, but wish everyone success and happiness in the changes that await all.
Good luck!!