Punta Cana to Santo Domingo

flick

Oct 28, 2006
Hi guys, I need a little help . We are arriveing in PC in late July ( 2 adults 2 rug rats , about 40 suitcases ). Can anyone recommend a taxi to take this circus to Santo Domingo and do a return trip later in august? From reading the various threads I have seen one guy mentioned , but I am not sure if he speaks any english and I have just enough spanish to get myself in trouble. If anyone has any ideas how much I should pay that would be a help also.
Slainte.
Flick

Feb 7, 2007
Benjamin can help you. His pickup should handle 4 people and 40 suitcases... PM me
Bengi doesn't speak English, but any trouble he can beep me up and I can translate... we've done it before.
He is reliable and I got several PMs from satisfied travellers. He also goes to pick up many of my clients from PUJ airport.
Going to SD, with today's gas prices, would not be less than 4,500 pesos... used to be 900 to Higuey, now it's 1200.. you get the idea.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Go with Benjamin!!
Gee, you say, what does a guy that lives in Santiago know sh*t about a driver in Higuey????
well, I have dealt with the guy and he is super organized and reliable. He is also well known...
So, Go with Benji!!

Take it from me...

HB

I mean, after all, the guy is on my speed dial!!!

KaliEyes

May 1, 2008
What are the gas prices in DR (USD) right now?

I was so amazed to see a Texaco gas station in PC that I forgot to see how high the prices are! I remember having texaco gas stations here when I was little...they've been gone for years now.

KaliEyes

May 1, 2008
so would that be 176.10 RD divided into 34 (depending of course onthe exchange rate) = 5.17/gal divided into 3.79 = 1.36/litre?

Anyone wanna correct me on my conversion from DR currency to US then from gal. to ltr.? I think I did it right! But....what the heck do I know eh?! LOL

flick

Oct 28, 2006
Benji it is then . thank you all for your help.
Gas in the UK is ?5.6 /gallon

playa2

Apr 15, 2008
Does this Benjamin also go from Santo Domingo airport to Punta Cana resort area? I will be needing to do this in July. Is he available all the time?