recent tornadoes in Cervicos

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
Does anyone have info or photos of last nights tornadoes in Cervicos. My wife informs me that our family members are fine but all of our places lost their roofs and pretty much all the fruit, plantaino and banana trees are gone. She's in SD and does'nt have the true picture.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
not much mentioned about Cevicos. Hold tight to your wallet....until you can get better information.

La Vega, San Francisco de Macoris, San Pedro de Macoris, Villa Gonzalez are the places mentioned.

HB

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
Thanks HB! Tonights news is quite different. Only 1/3 of one of our family's homes blu of. No word yet on my place or our fruits and veggies. Must wonder if I will ever get used to the Dom way.--- one day mucho problemo; otra dia no problem?

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
I have photos of the downed cement power line polls in Ramon Santana. As soon as I upload them, I will post them. They were snapped like toothpicks. I know this isn't the same area but it may give you an idea of what a tornado is capable of here. We were VERY lucky that the path went through a relatively unpopulated area...just a few miles over into the city of SPM would have been a major disaster.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Oh yeah, I forgot to apply Grammar 101 on the OP: That is supposed to be CEVICOS, and has nothing to do with vertebra.....
Grammar Police in action: No problemA...like most words that end in -ma; -pa, or -te, this is masculine. El probleMA.

HB

DrChrisHE

On Probation!
Jul 23, 2006
Oh yeah, I forgot to apply Grammar 101 on the OP: That is supposed to be CEVICOS, and has nothing to do with vertebra.....
Grammar Police in action: No problemA...like most words that end in -ma; -pa, or -te, this is masculine. El probleMA.

HB

LOL- Reminds me of calling the Pope "La Papa" (which means potato) instead of El Papa (Pope). I find many foreign nationals who are married to Dominicans get the irregular masculine and feminine wrong with El Problema and that category. Oh how one little letter makes all the difference in the world (but those letters are often omitted here!) ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Then we have the old joke about the pope visiting [insert name of Spanish-speaking country here] and suddenly dropping dead. The President [the joke is usually made at the expense of one known for not being the brightest spark] has to make the announcement as the entire world watches. Aware of the international audience, the president decides to speak in English, after consulting a dictionary, and so, the announcement emerges from his/her lips as follows:

"The potato is dead!"