aparta-hotels

nikkip

Apr 25, 2008
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum!

I'm a graduate student researcher going to the DR for 3months for some preliminary research i don't have any DR connections so I've been looking at aparta hotels. Is this advisable? i found one for 406 per month (Aparta hotel tieimpo)I've gone to Listin Diario but the rooms are often hotels. Do you guys have any other info about cheap temporary housing? I'd appreciate any help you can give me!

thanks so much- nikki

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
FYI: For the most part, the "aparta-hotels" are hot bed operations catering to "quickies", girlfriends or boy friends..
Many are located in less than desirable areas of the city.
There is one, I think is called La Florida, on Ave. Bolivar, that is proper, safe and relatively inexpensive. Other than that, I am afraid I cannot be of assistance.

HB

nikkip

Apr 25, 2008
whoa Thanks hillbilly but Plaza Florida was over 2500 a month! too rich for my blood :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are some other alternatives. Look for "small hotels" and "cheap hotels" in the Search function. I have seen some really good reviews of some of them...
Aparta-Hotels might not be your best bet.

HB

Ranger68

Apr 14, 2008
Pension Serena in the residential neighborhood of Ciudad Nueva rents out clean and safe studios for around 240 USD per month.
Their phone number is 809 682 21 38 and their e-mail address pensionserena@yahoo.de
I wanted to rent a studio there but none of them was available. It looked pretty reasonable.