Dominican Passport Renewal in Puerto Plata....

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
At this time, where would a Dominican, living in POP, RENEW his Dominican Passport which has a US Visa in it.................would it be the POP office or the Santiago Office...........?

Thanks in advance for any input..........

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Either One

the person needs the current passport, Acta de Nascimiento (legalizado), a copy of his/her cedula and a couple of passport-sized photos. If they wanna be tough, they'll also ask for a "buena conducta" letter but it's not routine. Suerte!

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
He knows.............

he's already carrying around 2 now................

His first 10 year visa is in the first passport which was only good for 6 years........Now his new visa from 2007 is now in this passport (his second) which is now expiring in August and the Visa is good til 2017..............

He can now get rid of the oldest one but will end up with two of them again!!!! I have them stapled together for him with heavy duty staples!

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Has anyone gotten a new passport........

........lately in Puerto Plata.............?????????

My friend got his this week and I just decided to check it. I notice that the passport number and the number on the bottom (digital read) of the front page of the passport are the same with it starting with "PP"...........

........but the actual "book" has a different number that is impressed into each page..............

...............all the previous ones had the same number throughout and when I checked with another friend who just received his at the Dominican Embassy in NY his has the same number throughout.........

Just want to make sure it is correct................because, believe it or not, they do sometimes make a few mistakes here and there..........;)

.........he was lucky they gave it to him.......he had to order a "new form" birth certificate and JCE certificate and each of them had the last name of his father spelled differently.........so there were 3 spellings including the passport..............

...........When he called to tell me there was a problem and they were trying to figure out what to do.........I SAID: TELL THEM YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE CORRECT SPELLING IS..............AND WHY DON'T THEY JUST USE THE SAME ONE AS THE OLD PASSPORT AND HIS VISA???????

HE DID, HAD TO PAY A LITTLE MORE ON THE SPOT, BUT IT'S DONE....:cheeky:

.............WELL MAYBE..............

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
........lately in Puerto Plata.............?????????

My friend got his this week and I just decided to check it. I notice that the passport number and the number on the bottom (digital read) of the front page of the passport are the same with it starting with "PP"...........

........but the actual "book" has a different number that is impressed into each page..............

...............all the previous ones had the same number throughout and when I checked with another friend who just received his at the Dominican Embassy in NY his has the same number throughout.........

Just want to make sure it is correct................because, believe it or not, they do sometimes make a few mistakes here and there..........;)

.........he was lucky they gave it to him.......he had to order a "new form" birth certificate and JCE certificate and each of them had the last name of his father spelled differently.........so there were 3 spellings including the passport..............

...........When he called to tell me there was a problem and they were trying to figure out what to do.........I SAID: TELL THEM YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE CORRECT SPELLING IS..............AND WHY DON'T THEY JUST USE THE SAME ONE AS THE OLD PASSPORT AND HIS VISA???????

HE DID, HAD TO PAY A LITTLE MORE ON THE SPOT, BUT IT'S DONE....:cheeky:

.............WELL MAYBE..............

Did you ever find out whether it's correct for the new style passports to have different number in the book compared to the numbers printed on each page?

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Yes..................

............it is CORRECT.................

Sorry we didn't reply sooner................