Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stores?

[ - Mute Button -] Click!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default stores?

Where can I find mosquito bug lamp? the electric light that attracks flys/mosquito's/etc. Does serina, plaza lama or jumbo have these? I have tried these stores but came up with nothing. Any help I would really appreciate it, we are being eaten alive here.
    Last edited by megabiteme; 04-27-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You can get one in Puerta Plata at the hardware store on the main road just before the Burger King on the left side going East. The Burger King is in the Shell gas station, the store is a few blocks before.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKY View Post
    You can get one in Puerta Plata at the hardware store on the main road just before the Burger King on the left side going East. The Burger King is in the Shell gas station, the store is a few blocks before.
    Called Deposito Ferreteria. I'd have said that was going west myself but maybe I'm directionally challenged .

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    Called Deposito Ferreteria. I'd have said that was going west myself but maybe I'm directionally challenged .
    Either that or your GPS is acting up!! lol

John Evans

unfortunately mosquitoes are not attracted to light-im not sure it would work the way you hope- there is one i saw in price smart that sucks them in that might work better in a seating area or pest control can spray the whole area which will give relief for a few days- handy if you are having a bar-b-que

funnilly enough mosquitoes are actually more attracted to dark clothing so wearing white helps a bit

Post Thanks / Like

PriceSmart in Santiago
    Ferretería Ochoa on Av. Imbert in Santiago or Bartolomé Colon
    Ferretería Bellón on Bartolomé Colon in Santiago
    SuperPola/La Sirena on Bartolomé Colon in Santiago
    Depósito Ferretero, just past the ball park going East or just past the Brugal factory going West in Puerto Plata

In Santo Domingo: Americana de Departamentos on John F. Kennedy. Plus all of the above.

HB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Do these products actually work?
    Cause if they do I am sold.
    My first week here I had over 40 mosquito bites...those
    critters love me for some reason. lol
    If anyone has any tips how to not get bitten please share.
    Especially those who never seem to get bitten. What is your secret?
    I am willing to pay lol

John Evans

avoid bananas, milk and pregnant ladies try not to smell like a human and beat yourself with lemon grass regularly

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm told bugs don't like Lavender Oil. After I get bit I use Tea Tree Oil and the itching stops!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by megabiteme View Post
    Where can I find mosquito bug lamp? the electric light that attracks flys/mosquito's/etc. Does serina, plaza lama or jumbo have these? I have tried these stores but came up with nothing. Any help I would really appreciate it, we are being eaten alive here.
    Use what most Dominicans in the campos and coast towns use: Jabon de cuaba... It’s a natural mosquito repellent!

Ever wonder why most regular folks don't have Bed&Breakfast signs all over them for mosquitoes>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I can't say the smell is nice or close to any Dove bar of soap, but it does the magic for the "newcomers" quite well...
    One Dominican at a time please!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast