looking for origen of last name

guandulera

Apr 22, 2008
I am looking for the origen of a las name "Ignacio or Ygnacio" I found a 3rd generation in Bayaguana but I was told that they were comming from San Francisco...Can any one tell me any resourse for name searching in DR.

guandulera

Apr 22, 2008
Thanks

Thanks DominicanBoy unfurtunatley this is just providing it as a first name I'll keep trying anyway.:glasses:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I would walk to old people or folks at the town hall in those cities... even if it may not bring the final clue, you will hear some stories worth making a movie or two.

Also the Mormon (?) church (in the USA) has extensive records of last names and their origins from all around the world.

... J-D.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The first occurrence of the surname "Ignacio" in the Dominican Republic (when it was only Hispaniola) was documented by two families from Le?n in Spain.

The first family being the result of the head assigned a clerical job from Le?n y Castilla and the second a family of which the head was a merchant.

Given the fact that after Spain colonized the island quite quickly, it's a given that many more people with the same surname made the Spanish colony their home as well.